Senior Electronic Hardware Engineer
ELECTROLUX GLOBAL CXO PRESENTS
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For our Hardware Development team within the Global Electronic Organization (GEO)area in Global R&D center in Porcia (PN) – Italy – we are looking for a
Senior Electronic Hardware Engineer
The exciting thing about this role, besides the development and maintenance of HW electronic platforms for Fabric and Dish appliances, is the international work environment. As Hardware Engineer, you will work closely with colleagues from all over the world, understanding different realities, cultures and people, as well as being part of an open-minded team, where creativity is welcome and innovation is the middle name.
In Porcia R&D facility is located the Global Fabric and Dish care Electronic Hardware Development which is part of the Global Electronic Organization (GEO). All electronic controls for our appliances are developed and maintained from the beginning to the end of life, while the qualification testing can be performed both in Electrolux facilities and in external laboratories.
She/he will be responsible for the development of electronic boards, board technical documentation, board testing and maintenance.
The electronic hardware engineer is responsible inside an international project team for the execution of the HW concept phase, the electronic hardware design and the industrialization of the electronic subsystem in the given time frame, cost target and quality level.
Key Functional qualifications:
• Contribute, develop and apply guidelines defined within GEO team:
• New module specification and test definition
• Testing specification for component
• Create reliable and cost efficient hardware solutions in compliance with internal and external HW development guidelines for white goods appliances
• Ensure board design in compliance with internal and external Safety and EMC standards
• Prepare technical specifications and drawings of related components and subsystems
• Prepare documentation of ECAD designed boards and test reports of performed functional tests and EMC tests of components and subsystems
• Observe electronic market, new technologies and components secure HW - SW interaction
Support project development on:
• Board specs definition
• Board testing plan/procedures
• Accelerated/Automated test procedures
• DFMEA methodology
• Safety/Testing/Approval plan definition
• Technical documentation including drawings
• Prototypes (Boards) management
• Board industrialization management with supplier
• Cost and Quality activities support
• Solution/modules standardization
• Ensure compliance with both internal and external safety standards
• Co-operation with Purchasing (in supplier selection and cost/quality improvement) and partnership with suppliers
• Supplier process for industrialization phase
Key Technical skills:
• Experience in HW design applications preferably on power electronics
• Knowledge in analog, digital and/or power electronics
• Experience in OrCAD (preferred) or similar ECAD systems
• Basic knowledge and experience in EMC testing
• Usage of laboratory equipment (soldering station, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, …)
It’s considered a plus the experience on the following topics:
• Knowledge of international Safety standards for household appliances
• Basic knowledge of microcontroller programming
• Knowledge of electronic boards production process
• Labview programming
• Team oriented
• Good communication skills
• Proactive, takes initiatives
• Willing to travel
• Project management
Preferred education and career experience:
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electronic Engineering or similar field of study.
• More than 7 years of experience in HW design, embedded systems, EMC and MicroController applications in consumer electronics.
• Fluent English (spoken and written)
Want to know more about what we do within the Electrolux Group?
Learn more about Electrolux Global R&D by watching this video: https://youtu.be/ssiuS0LTGfA .