Senior Electronics Product Care Engineer
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Senior Electronics Product Care Engineer will be responsible for the design and development and/or modification of electronic controls and control systems to achieve a better quality and/or lower cost. You will provide the technical leadership and expertise in project leadership, hardware, and software solutions from conceptualization through production. You will independently design or utilize internal/external hardware/software resources for electronic control systems having significant technical content. You will work to develop or modify product technical specifications based off a variety of requirement inputs including consumer, marketing and industrial design. You will work closely with manufacturing to ensure the smooth transition of new designs into the production process including support past pilot run and into full manufacturing ramp up. You will help to estimate task durations and assists with the preparation of project schedules and product cost estimate including costed BOM’s
- Directs the development of prototypes and implements new product designs including analog and digital hardware and or firmware.
- Determines the benefit of product design re-use from existing products and modifies existing designs as input to new products.
- Prepares test and validation plans and leads execution and direction of product testing.
- Develops detailed engineering documentation including block diagrams, schematics, fabrication and assembly drawings, component drawings, specifications, manuals and other customer documentation, development and test procedures, Engineering Change Notices and manufacturing procedures.
- Provides support and training on new products to other departments and customers as required and works closely with Purchasing and Quality to investigate, qualify, select and manage electronics suppliers.
- Exhibits appropriate professional behavior including positive attitude, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, creative thinking and personal integrity to achieve department/corporate goals and objectives.
- Works with outside consultants, suppliers and contract manufacturers to develop and manufacture electronic components and assemblies.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You get to know your stuff and can articulate it well, building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
- You understand good negotiations begin long before doing a deal, through building good working relationships, understanding your suppliers’ motivations and starting from a confident position.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in product design, embedded control development, or related engineering career field.
- Understanding of overall engineering, manufacturing, assembly principles and appliance product design
- Experience with data and statistical analytics with the ability to make decisions and predictions based upon data and statistical analysis
- Experience with agency and normative requirements preferred