Senior Electronics Systems Engineer
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Senior Electronics Systems Engineer considers the needs of the product functionality from broad high-level requirements and can break down the functions into necessary design modules that constitute the electronic controls system. This person will work closely with the teams responsible for product requirements to scope new projects, translate customer needs into product specifications and technical requirements, and provide technical guidance regarding new technologies, feature implementations, risks, cost assessments, etc.
- Creates technical specifications from customer needs and product requirements as developed by Product Line, Marketing, Design, Usability, etc.
- Scopes new projects, including requirement collection, requirement analysis, system architecture direction, resources, general timing, and technical risk.
- Provides technical guidance relative to features and new technologies as part of early project assessment and design selection.
- Works closely with electronics design engineers to support interpretation of technical specifications and for collaborative feedback so to ensure the needs of all customers are met.
- Works with electromechanical and mechanical engineers to define required interfaces with controls.
- Considers the mechanical integration of the controls into the product and works with process partners to ensure environmental design needs and manufacturing practices are satisfactory.
- Interfaces with Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, Service, and outside suppliers for collection of requirements and to provide direct support on technical designs.
- Supports cooking science and agency labs in development of cooking algorithm needs for the electronics controls and for creation of necessary lab development applications.
- Develops software validation test plans based directly on software technical specifications.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You know how to structure a case and get people on board.
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
- With lots of initiative, you always have something to do and thrive on being productive.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in product design, embedded control development, or related engineering career field.
- Understanding of overall engineering, manufacturing, and assembly principles.
- Appliance product design related experience is preferred.
- Experience with advanced UI and GUI development is preferred.
- Ability to interpret schematics and basic understanding of software design and architecture required.
- Knowledge and experience of testing Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) preferred.
- Experience with agency and normative requirements preferred.