Senior Financial Analyst
The Senior Financial Analyst has responsibility and accountability to help understand and communicate the financial position as it relates to planning and reporting functions for assigned manufacturing location. It is also responsible for providing financial support to the Controller of the location by creating and maintaining periodic reports that analyze and communicate actual performance; including the implications of ongoing business decisions and forecasts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with various departments to develop, plan and create budgets and forecasts including but not limited to department budgets, annual budget, tracking on investments, productivity, headcount, and investments
- Preparation of timely and accurate financial reports to management that include analysis and interpretation of key data relating to budgets and forecasts
- Develops and owns monthly management reporting packages including plan-to-variance analysis for key performance indicators such as operating expenses, capital, and headcount.
- Interpretation and communication of financial performance, implications and overall business recommendations for improvement
- Participates in the monthly close process by generating various journal entries, preparing required reconciliations, and analytically reviewing specific general ledger accounts for accuracy and proper valuation
- Owner of the Capital expenditures process for plant and applicable reporting.
- Drive process improvement and standardization amongst financial processes within the location
- Conducts ad-hoc reporting for the management team
- Assist as needed with internal and external audits and other duties as assigned
- Supervisor for cycle counting function and subject matter expert on inventory movements, bulk and physical inventories
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or a related field
- 5+ years of
experience in Accounting with an emphasis in financial analytics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Cognos and JD Edwards
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.