Senior Financial Analyst
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Senior Financial Analyst position has overall responsibility and accountability for working with a Sales Director to help understand and communicate the financial position of the assigned Sales Channel. You will also serve as the critical link between Sales, Marketing, Pricing, AR and Logistics groups, and provides valuable insight on a daily basis to the financial performance through analysis and reporting. You will serve as finance business partner for the Sales channel and prepare monthly and annual forecasts for Sales channel’s gross to net. You will help to provide month-end and adhoc variance to forecast and budget analysis and commentary and support month end closing process including the preparation of journal entries and reconciliations.
- Managing customer’s contractual and non-contractual incentives (trade spend) and channel’s SG&A spend by accurately tracking, forecasting, accruing and disbursing
- Improve controls in the area of trade spend management. Enable Sales channel to effectively manage trade budgets and maximize performance behind spending
- Constantly communicating with AR team to have customer’s accounts in a clean balance in terms of claims and deductions
- Promotional Spending Analysis to identify the profitability of a given incentive program, whether the proposed program has been appropriately budgeted (or if its costs can be otherwise absorbed), and/or to identify expected/required volume lifts the program should generate
- Analyzing customer’s annual Business Plans by running financial models to make sure they are aligned with Company’s strategic plan and profitable for the business
- Interpretation and communication of financial performance, implications, and recommendations
- Assist as needed with Internal and External Audits, including customer audits and help identify proactive spend reductions and profitability maximization initiatives
- Development of key policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely communication of financial information
Continuously implement process improvement initiatives to increase effectiveness and productivity of the department
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- Recognized professional accounting designation (CPA preferred), MBA a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience of financial analysis, with a track record of high performance
- Business understanding of accounting and financial concepts
- Experience working with and advising Sales teams of financial and business strategies
- Experience working with multi-dimensional financial statements (i.e., Channel, Product Line, Brand and/or SKU views of the same financial result)
- Highly proficient in Excel, including ability to model, use advanced functions and interpret large amounts of data
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint, including ability to generate captivating presentations
- Experience with SAP, Power BI and SQL a plus