Senior Financial Business Analyst – Warranty and Finance
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will have the overall responsibility of supporting the Warranty and Finance teams through the analysis of the business performance, financial results, pricing, and costs of various product groups. You will provide financial support to the team in areas such as warranty, Branded Service (EBS) P&L, Service Delivery SG&A budget as well as other product lines. You will also be responsible for creating and maintaining periodic reports that analyze and communicate actual performance and the implications of ongoing business decisions as well as short-term and long-term forecast This role is part of the Ownership Solutions Finance Product Line team and has a strong collaboration with both Finance and Business leaders funneling information through the various departments in the finance organization as needed.
- Work closely with key business partners teams to provide support, identify opportunities and deliver KPIs
- Prepare business insights and deep dives on critical areas of the business (financial and non-financial performance)
- Collaborate the Accounting Department on month-end expense and accrual bookings; provide support, reporting, and validation for month-end close processes
- Support Sector Controlling and Product Line Finance to ensure information flow for forecast and management reporting related to expense and cost drivers by product platform
- Work closely with the Service Delivery Business Analyst on warranty analytics and audits to drive down cost per claim
- Resolve and follow-up on cost-related requests and inquiries
- Represent Ownership Solutions and Finance in cross-functional projects concerning Warranty expense
- Assist the FP&A team and other departments in analytics initiatives including individual business intelligence strategy, data visualization implementation and data literacy
REPORTING AND ANALYSIS:
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reports to management
- Analyze and leverage warranty data to drive sound business decisions and minimize warranty expense
- Analyze and leverage P&L data to drive profitable growth and productivity
- Automate processes and develop new tools/dashboards for effective data communication
- Monitor warranty expense and prepare variance analysis (with accompanying commentaries) to Annual Plan, Forecast and Prior Year
- Prepare presentation materials for monthly business review
- Establish & develop KPIs for performance and productivity measures
- Produce financial and operational reports and analyze business performance metrics to reveal trends and gain other insights to identify warranty reduction projects, emerging issues and recommend appropriate actions to mitigate deficiencies
- Identify cost trends and make recommendations for cost/process improvements and track results
- Lead analytics initiatives to enhance reporting capabilities
- Support the leadership team on ad hoc analyses
PLANNING AND FORECASTING:
- Prepare annual projections (Annual Plan/Budget and Strategy Plan)
- Prepare monthly forecasts
- Mapping and documentation of complex processes
- “Closing the Gap” activities regarding the business financial targets – exploring all alternatives
- Understanding Electrolux accounting policies and procedures and making informed business decisions according to policy is an underlying responsibility of all Electrolux financial personnel.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Finance, Business Administration or Accounting
- Experience in financial modeling and planning, business analysis, data analytics or similar data-driven function
- Experience and understanding of financial concepts and accounting (Experience in Warranty accounting a plus)
- Experience with planning and business intelligence applications such as SAP BPC, PowerBI, Qlik, or Tableau (Familiarity with Alteryx or statistical packages R and Python is a plus)
- Experience working with and advising senior management of financial and business strategies
- Excellent data analysis skills and knowledge of problem analysis techniques with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and MS Query