Senior Firmware Engineer
Forlì / Porcia – permanent contract
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be joining the Global Electronic Organization team in Porcia or in Forli (Italy). We are a team of highly qualified engineers with strong industrial knowledge, supporting development of new platforms and services globally and across categories.
If you are passionate about innovation, own a management attitude, confident in C programming skills, and enjoy dynamic, international environment, join us and strengthen our Firmware Competence Team, which on everyday basis supports all Electrolux product lines with the best-in class firmware.
Your role is to design firmware architecture for innovative embedded systems for connected consumer appliances with significant security requirements. You will interact with several stakeholders to collect requirements, design firmware architectures, and finally coordinate others firmware developers improving processes, methods and technologies.
Your main tasks:
· Collect system/functional/architecture requirements.
· Design firmware architetture.
· Manage others firmware developers, including offshore consultants.
· Develop firmware for micro-controller systems.
· Review, and if/where needed debug and test firmware.
· Take care of technical documentation.
· Interface with various (also non - technical) divisions as well as external suppliers.
· Master's Degree in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science.
· 3-5 years of experience in a similar role is required.
· Experience within a complex international organization is nice to have.
· Experience working with formal project management is nice to have, remote project management is nice to have.
· Experience in technical leadership.
· Experience in design firmware architecture.
· Knowledge in C language programming for 8/32 bit micro-controllers (NXP, STM, ARM Cortex are preferred).
· Knowledge in Electronics hardware.
· Knowledge of software testing methodologies.
· Knowledge of firmware version management systems.
· Knowledge in computer networks, inter networking and TCP/IP protocols is nice to have.
· Knowledge in software safety, network security.
You are a great listener and communicator. You will join a truly global team and work with other Electrolux offices around the world on a daily basis – therefore these attributes are key for making projects run smoothly.
You are proactive. You are keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability. You are self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
We offer you a key role in a company that is going through a digital transformation and moving towards a consumer-focused organization. We believe that smart appliances will further enable us to deliver great customer experience and we hope that you would like to join our journey.
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.