Senior Functional Engineer - Washing Technology
ELECTROLUX GLOBAL CXO PRESENTS
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For our HA Washing Functionality team and Washing Technology Laboratory within the Global R&D center in Porcia (PN) – Italy – we are looking for a Senior Functional Engineer to take part of the functionality development of new washing machine and washer-dryer products at global level for the Fabric Care R&D organization.
Senior Functional Engineer – Washing Technology
• She/he will be in charge of the washing and drying cycles definition and strategy through performance testing at product level.
• Preparation, planning and execution of laboratory activities related to the evaluation of washing machines/ washer-dryers performance, with special focus on the design and implementation of washing and drying cycles.
• Supporting the development of new projects and ensuring the achievement of technical targets and compliance with appropriate standards.
• Testing plan definition based on analytic problem analysis and the corresponding execution according to related deadlines, including the proper data recording to prepare test reports to document activities.
• Preferably, she/he should have good knowledge of laboratory practice, machine functionality and good overall electromechanical and thermodynamic knowledge.
• Capability to work in parallel on multiple task and projects.
Key operational responsibilities:
• Understanding of standard and customized testing procedures, timelines and deliverables related to assigned activities.
• Test plan definition according to target component/system and expected results. Definition of novel test practices upon need.
• Test execution on new components on dedicated test benches or on the application during all development stages, including setting up and testing preparation.
• Data analysis, test report preparation and release.
• Assembly and verification of prototypes of components, systems or appliances for lab testing.
• Deeper knowhow of product technical specifications; support the introduction of new technologies in cooperation with the relevant departments.
• Integration and coordination of inputs coming from other teams (e.g. Hydraulics, Mechanical, Software) to support appliance functionality development.
• Demonstrate creative ability; exhibits appropriate professional behavior including positive attitude, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, creative thinking and personal integrity to achieve department/corporate goals and objectives, team worker
• Highly organized (test setup preparation, test execution) and responsible with attitude for practical activity with proactive and impartial approach willing to challenge the status quo;
• Laboratory testing practice expertise, including use of instruments and SW tools;
• Good thermodynamic knowledge and basic electro-technical or mechanical competences;
• Data analysis and data mining experience;
• Knowledge of statistical approach on testing methodologies
• Knowhow on washing process behaviours and parameters - Advanced
• Knowhow of the standard procedure for washing and drying - Advanced
• Laboratory test design, plan and execution - Medium/Advanced
• Prototype Building – Basic
• IT skills – Basic/Medium SW programming, knowledge in MatLab and LabView is a plus.
• Proactive and innovative by nature, with practical sense and operative attitude
• Open-minded and able to work in cross-functional teams.
• Analytic skills with strong problem-solving attitude
• Self-driven yet able to work according instructions
• Good communication skills
• Analytic and problem solving attitude, able to find practical solutions;
Background & Experience:
• Education: Master’s or bachelor's degree in Thermodynamic, Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or similar. PhD is a plus.
• Experience: 5-7 years of experience as R&D laboratory engineer in the field of washing machine/washer dryer machines functional development
• Fluent English (spoken and written)
Want to know more about what we do within the Electrolux Group?
Learn more about Electrolux by watching our videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/electrolux.