Senior Gas Product Engineer
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will be responsible for the day to day design and development of all gas cooking products and/or components. You will participate in development assignments that can range in complexity from component level modification to a complete platform and system redesign. You will apply engineering principles to effectively accomplish goals and objectives on time and within cost constraints. This person will have specific knowledge of Gas Product and Component Development, testing methods, and good overall mechanical engineering knowledge as it would apply to product enhancements as a part of product development.
- Development, qualification and implementation of gas products/components that meet or exceed both in-house and customer testing requirements
- Develop project schedules to PCP guidelines in support of project goals and objectives while directing preparation of engineering documentation (ECN’s, BOM’s, Drawings, and Specifications)
- Actively participate in cost out development activities as related to gas product/components without suffering product quality or target performance measures
- Work with quality and service to identify and address any issues that are identified to be related to gas product/components
- Work with vendor base to ensure gas product/components meets all defined testing/quality requirements in development of gas product/components specifications and requirements to the benefit of both EMANA and the customer
- Direct the activities of assigned designers and drafters and oversee disposition of first piece sample approvals.
- Interface with Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, and Outside Suppliers to ensure performance to set gas product/components specifications and obtain necessary information.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You see challenge as opportunity.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is required
- Minimum of 8 years of gas product/components design related experience is preferred
- Gas Appliance development experience is a plus
- Demonstrated PC proficiency is required