Senior Industrial Designer
Senior Industrial Designer
Position ID: req18829
Sector: Consumer Experience Organization
Functional Area: Design
Location: Shanghai, China
Number of Openings: 1
Reporting to: Design Manager
Employment Type: Permanent
Apply By: 30 Sep, 2019
As a member of Electrolux Group Design you will be part of our bigger goal of making a positive everyday impact in people’s life by connecting people and solutions into meaningful experiences. We are a global team of over 200 designers located in 8 different locations, working cross 6 different business units and about 17 Product Lines.
As Sr Designer for Electrolux Small domestic Appliances (SDA), you will lead SDA projects and also focus on ironing solutions as a part of the bigger Fabric Care cluster and to some extent air filtration solutions as a part of the Wellbeing cluster. You will additionally collaborate and work with a multi-national design team cross location on a broad range of solutions depending on resource needs.
Lead projects for Small Appliances with specific focus on Fabric Care and Home Comfort.
Uses appropriate and effective analytical and conceptual skills to increase domain knowledge and to create meaningful and innovative solutions base on design process and design strategy. Ability to:
· Analyze required information to form a relevant understanding of context according to design process and strategy.
· Define and articulate relevant insights by applying relevant benchmarking tools.
· Create broad differentiated and relevant concepts based on contextual understanding.
Uses appropriate and effective visual & functional design skills to articulate Brand value across products, through multi functions (like User Interaction Design, Material & Finishes and Engineering/Manufacturing), supporting business needs and increasing customer preference.
· Use appropriate skills to define and communicate product concepts.
· Create effective and appropriate visual languages by understanding the meaning.
· Support and contribute to functional product concepts that appropriately address the user-context requirements. Ensure relevant involvement of consumers and experts.
Uses appropriate and effective communication, implementation & influencing skills to ensure that the generation plan are translated into meaningful and innovative solutions.
· Work in partnership with Design Management in execution on ranges and projects. Put the user experience in the center and drive priorities of appeal, usability and fit, feel, finish.
· Create and manage documentation of Industrial Design specifications in established project folder within agreed database.
· Communicate ideas clearly and persuasively at an individual and group level.
· Build relationships and appropriately influence relevant internal & external stakeholder.
Proven track record of project leadership
Strong Creative Management skills
Expert level of 3D software skills and overall computer literacy (Adobe, Microsoft etc)
Solid knowledge in manufacturing processes and keen interest to learn
Strong drive, learning ability and team work
Confident in speaking and writing English and a preference for Mandarin
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances. Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 markets every year. In 2013 Electrolux had sales of $15.1 billion and 61,000 employees. For more information go to http://group.electrolux.com
SECTOR DESCRIPTIONElectrolux has market-leading positions in Australia and New Zealand and is expanding into growth markets in Southeast Asia and China. With a history that spans over 90 years of Swedish design innovation, Electrolux continues to offer contemporary and thoughtfully designed appliances that cater to the expanding middle-class in these growth markets.