Senior Industrial Designer
Mascot, New South Wales
As Designers at Electrolux, we daily create best in class consumer experiences in the areas of Taste, Care and Wellbeing.
You will creatively lead the translation of our design philosophy, Human Touch, and our brand DNA, into tangible concept for physical products and digital interfaces for the entire Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa region.
A Typical Day
* As a Senior Industrial Designer at Electrolux you will lead projects operating within a multi-disciplinary team as well as communicating with cross functional team to creatively design and develop future products, accessories, experiences & services, from initial concept through to execution.
* While you’ll be working across multiple functions, product lines and projects, at all stages of a product lifecycle, your brief is always the same: make it better. To do that, you’ll persuade the stakeholders, collaborate with the experts and create experiences that bring dreams to life every day. It’s a hands on, make it happen role that offers all the freedom you need to bring design to life around the world.
* You will be part of a global network of designers, ensuring consistency and clarity of purpose at all consumer touchpoints, creating best in class consumer experiences in the areas of Taste, Care and Wellbeing.
Who You Are
* Creative - You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
* Self-starting - With lots of initiative, you always have something to do and thrive on being productive.
* Curious - You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
* Engaging – A natural storyteller, you utilise a variety of techniques and media to bring the teams creativity to life.
* Strategic - You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals
* Influential - You know how to structure a case and get people on board.
* Adaptable - With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
* Open-minded - For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
* Collaborative - You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
* Problem-solving - You see challenge as opportunity.
* Ambitious - You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
* Detail Oriented - Create and manage documentation of product graphic design specifications.
* Consumer Focused - Champion Appeal, Usability, and Fit, Feel, and Color, Materials & Finishing capabilities, to drive best in class consumer experience.
* Bachelor´s degree or Diploma in appropriate field such as Industrial Design or Fine Arts.
* 7-10 years of Industrial Design or User Experience work experience.
* 5+ years in major appliance design
* A proven track record of excellent design performance in previous positions.
* Excellent communication skills required
* Proficient in CAD & Rendering packages and relevant Adobe Creative Cloud applications
* Willingness to travel and represent the Design Team.
* Fluency in English.
* Product Design Experience with a multi-national corporation is a benefit.
* Experience with Electrolux Product Development Process key advantage
Healthy and Safe
We want you to return home in even better shape than when you started, so we need you to help us do this by making sure you follow a few simple steps. We need you to:
* Make sure you take reasonable care for your own health and safety, and
* Take reasonable care that what you do (or what you don’t do when you should have) doesn’t affect the health and safety of others, and
* Follow reasonable instructions that we might give from time-to-time, such as reporting incidents and hazards, and
* Follow policies or procedures, so long as it’s reasonable and we’ve told you about it, and
* Attend training that helps you to work safely