Senior Industrial Designer – Food Preservation
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and develop concepts for products in the category of Food Preservation (refrigerators and freezers) through workshops, sketches, illustrations, 3D CAD models, high quality visualizations and physical prototypes and VR.
- Provide creative input on design solutions or new use cases that contribute to the success of Electrolux appliances.
- Balance the relationship between product properties, design elements, business goals, marketing directions, engineering pre-requisites, consumer use trends, technology and environmental issues.
- Confer with engineering, marketing, production, or sales department to establish and evaluate design concepts for Food Preservation products.
- Work with mechanical, electrical and design for manufacturing engineers who are experienced in material science, agency requirements and market inputs in business specific areas.
- Convert marketing guidelines into product designs.
- Apply experience developing accessories and consumables focused on the Food preservation market. Modify and refine designs, using working models, to conform with customer specifications, production limitations, or changes in design trends.
- Develop the fabrication of models or samples and the drafting of working drawings and specification sheets from sketches. Create or modify high quality 3D models in consideration of engineering and manufacturing needs.
- Evaluate feasibility of design ideas, based on factors such as appearance, safety, function, serviceability, budget, production costs/methods, and market characteristics.
- Implement Brand Design values and Brand and Product Identity.
- Propose new solutions in order to challenge the existing solutions to design of appliances. Interpret and apply new technologies to product designs.
- Incorporate human factors’ engineering and exterior product aesthetics into product’s functional requirements and mechanics.
- Responsible for the development of the new line of top freezer refrigerators to be manufactured in Anderson SC.
- Responsible for the generation of Innovation concepts for refrigerator products in Juarez.
- Responsible for the generation of Product concepts to be manufactured in Thailand. Provide full support to other global projects of Food Preservation.
- Develop multicultural teams professionally toward measurable goals, concept creation, design of visual brand identities and relevant consumer use cases.
- Design tools used: highly developed sketching (analogue and digital), and multiple CAD software including (Solid Works or Alias, Microsoft, Adobe), and Digital rendering software (KeyShot, Blender, Unreal).
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s or foreign equivalent degree in Industrial Design or Product Design and 3 years’ relevant product design and development experience within the Home Appliance industry; creating conceptual sketch concepts and transforming into 3D CAD drawings; design method experience including: sketching, CAD, physical prototyping, 3D rendering and VR; tools including: highly developed sketching (analogue and digital), and multiple CAD software including (Solid Works or Alias, Microsoft, Adobe), and Digital rendering software (KeyShot, Blender, Unreal); design processes including concept development, design identity exploration, consumer use case development and design for manufacturing; experience transferring design concepts into manufacturable products; working with mechanical, electrical and design for manufacturing engineers who are experienced in material science, agency requirements and market inputs in business specific areas; Experience working with multicultural teams professionally toward measurable goals, concept creation, design of visual brand identities and relevant consumer use cases.