Senior Innovation Engineer
Make new ideas come to life. Globally.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Senior Innovation Engineer
Consumer Experience Organization-Global Advanced Development Food Preservation Team presents:
As a Senior Innovation Engineer / Technical Expert you will join the Advanced Development Food Preservation Team in Stockholm and create the future of our refrigeration products.
The team is an expert organization focused in two main areas: thermodynamics and Food Science. We work to bring in the scientific basics to understand how we can provide consumers with a sound experience of our products that exceeds their expectations on food preservation and energy consumption.
Within the scope for this position is the ability to work with sensors and actuators, as well as software programming. There is time to work in the lab to set up tests, and collect data, and to provide analysis tools. As one of the contributors in the team you will be responsible for and strongly influence the concepts and technology used. You will be the link that transfers the need of the consumer into realistic and feasible technical solutions for the future of our products and the best possible experience.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
In this role your main responsibility will be to drive relatively small but very important innovation-oriented R&D projects.
The main focuses of your activities will be:
• Planning and running Advanced Development projects, reducing risk, including but not limited to novel sensors
• Developing test plans and setting up experiments
• Performing lab tests, including setting up RCP systems, based on Electrolux design, as well as creating ad-hoc systems, or using previously developed solutions
• Build prototypes in our workshop
• Evaluate the performance and functionality in our laboratories
• Present results and proposals to the project steering committee
• You will often work closely with a team of thermodynamic experts and food Scientists
• You will have close interactions with other functions within the Global consumer experience organization and with our business areas.
WHO YOU ARE
• Proactive. You take initiative and are comfortable with solving challenging technical problems in an open minded and creative environment
• Curious. You have a genuine passion for technology with a high interest in finding, exploring and understanding technology and meaningful technical solutions.
• Creative. You have a strong passion for innovation and are able to transfer the consumer’s voice into innovative technical applications
• Team player and good communicator. You have ability to work in a matrix organization with international contacts.
• Practical. You enjoy working hands on in the lab
• Structured. You have an organized way of working with project management skills
• Mobile. You are open to travel internationally.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Master of Science in electrical or mechatronic engineering or similar
• Experience in relevant fields (min. 3 years)
• Deep know-how regarding electric, electronic, computer science
• Knowledge of Matlab, Simulink, Python, …
• Working with test tools like LabVIEW, Excel and measurement methods for electrical products
• Knowledge of standard testing methodologies like DoE or other statistical methodologies
• Fluent English (written and spoken)
Contact person: Urban Wählby