Senior Innovation Engineer - Advanced Materials
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Senior Innovation Engineer - Advanced Materials – Porcia (Italy)
Electrolux company purpose “Shape living for the better” expresses our commitment to offer to our customers continuously better experiences in using our products. To make the difference we want to develop innovative and sustainable appliances. If you are a passionate innovator join our Advanced Materials team and be part of the Global Connectivity and Technology (GC&T))organization. You will be working in a dynamic environment, surrounded by colleagues with a background ranging from chemistry, life science, engineering. You will manage projects in the area of new and sustainable plastic materials, evaluating standard as well as advanced manufacturing processes to be applied across all the product categories.
The role demands a close interaction with different departments (R&D, Purchasing, Quality, Manufacturing) located in all the main regions (NA, LA, EU, APAC); this will imply some travel and frequent web meetings.
Key operational responsibilities:
• Drive innovation and standardization projects in the plastic materials area
• Scouting of technologies in materials processing, from standard, such as compounding and injection molding, to more advanced, such as 3D printing, in collaboration with Manufacturing Engineering
• Teamwork with Purchasing for alternative and sustainable materials introduction as well as with R&D for their implementation in products.
• Proactive propose solutions to R&D and Quality in problem solving and failure analysis
• Interact with suppliers for prototype molds realization; perform molding trials and laboratory validation of realized samples/prototypes
• Identify, select and prepare investment requests for laboratory equipment and manage service contracts.
• Periodic communication of achievements in events, workshops and technical meetings
• Feed the Technology Roadmap with innovative ideas and keep it updated
• Work and collaborate in an international environment with multiple global and regional product teams, competence centers and experts.
• Build and maintain internal- and external networks (e.g. institutes, universities etc.)
• Collaborate with other GC&T departments
Have passion for materials science & technology
Love to work in team, and has a natural attitude for excellent results
Are self organized, with a critical approach to problems.
Are a great communicator with excellent written and verbal skills.
Are dynamic and open minded, self-starter, self-motivator and highly adaptable.
Have Experience in R&D or Industrial Operations
Are familiar with IT and possibly CAD tools
Like to do international travel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• MSc in Materials, Mechanical, Chemical engineering. PhD is a plus
• Solid technical background in plastic materials science and technology
• Demonstrated experience in plastic processing (e.g. inj. Molding/compounding)
• Soft skills in collaboration, leadership and team building
• Hands-on with project management
• Fluent English