Senior Innovation Engineer, Air Filtration & Purification Expert
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Innovation Engineer, Air Filtration &
Air Care Advanced Development team is looking for an experienced Air Science Engineer who will be responsible to work on research and validation of filtration and purification technologies of particle removal, gas absorption and microbiological elimination solutions which influences both consumer and home environment and will work on innovation activities to deliver new concept in this area.
Chosen candidate will work in an international and multicultural environment in a cross functional team and have the opportunity to grow in this environment. She/he will be responsible for the complete chain of development process starting from idea generation to solution validation.
A TYPICAL DAY
• Leading on research and validation of filtration and purification technologies of particle removal, gas absorption and microbiological elimination solutions by working at our purification laboratory and/or 3rd party-supplier laboratories
• Leading cross technologies Advanced Development projects by going through scope definition, design concept generation, functional prototyping, and test setup with main focus on Air Science
• Develop and drive the new solutions and concepts that fulfill identified consumer needs related with filtration and purification of indoor air
• Investigate the feasibility and prepare the experimental testing setup in order to proof the theory of new technologies and ideas
• Building a global network with filter suppliers/technology providers and 3rd party test labs to support the marketing claim/business
• Building a global technology network to scouting new technologies on Filtration and Purification of indoor air area
• Follow a standard engineering workflow, with milestones, and specific deliverables to be complimented with an innovative, continuous improvement spirit and obsession for exceeding customer expectations.
• Apply critical thinking to understand depth of design and to predict why, when, and how designs fail.
• run benchmark/teardown of purification related products, parts, filters and solutions, prepares technical report
• Lead Technical Investigations reporting to a global steering committee
Supporting patent research and application process
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Master’s Degree (MS) (PhD will be preferred) in Chemical or Mechanical or Environmental Engineer or related engineering field;
• Minimum of 3 years experience in product development of air purifier product range;
• Specialized in filtration and purification technologies of particle removal, gas absorption and microbiological elimination solutions in air purifier and physical modelling techniques
• Specialized in chemistry, separation techniques and process engineering
• Experience on testing and evaluation of air filtration and purification in residential environment (indoor)
• Strong understanding of engineering principles, developing mechanical models, interpreting test data, and model simulation and validation.
• Experience on completing fluid flow analyses, to enhance understanding of pollutant behaviors
• Good knowledge of Chemistry, Thermodynamics, heat and mass transfer and Physics rules
• Good knowledge of experimental analysis in thermo-flow characterization
• Good knowledge of Engineering Design Process
• Basic knowledge of Statistics, DoE, Optimization and Quality tools.
WHO YOU ARE
Team player. You enjoy and nurture the relationships within your team enabling continuous improvement of our consumer’s experience.
Communicator. Good presentation skills, including the ability to describe complex technical findings in a simple way;
Consumer focused. You have the ability to transfer the voice of the consumer into technical solutions; Has a business and market understanding;
Flexible. You can manage to change priorities with ease.
Ambitious. You always strive for better, in your work and for your future. Creative and with a strong passion for innovation;
Required Languages: Fluent English
Electrolux is a global employer with a platform for developing talent. Electrolux employs 55 million employees globally and there are many opportunities for those seeking career progression.
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.
Contact person: Sara Lasio