Senior Innovation Specialist - Food Science
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Senior Innovation Specialist - Food Science
Consumer Experience Organization-Global Advanced Development Food Preservation Team presents:
As a Senior Innovation Specialist, you will join the Advanced Development Food Preservation Team in Stockholm and create the future of our refrigeration products.
The team is an expert organization focused in two main areas: thermodynamics and Food Science. We work to bring in the scientific basics to understand how we can provide consumers with a sound experience of our products that exceeds their expectations on food preservation and energy consumption.
This position serves to strengthen our Food Science organization with a person who is passionate about food and food analysis. You enjoy working in the laboratory, but also like to share the results of your work, teaching others.
As one of the contributors in the team you will be responsible for and strongly influence the concepts and technology used. You will be the link that transfers the need of the consumer into data and claims that can support the better consumer experiences of the future.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
In this role your main responsibility will be to drive relatively small but very important innovation-oriented R&D projects.
The main focuses of your activities will be:
• Running development projects including new test protocols
• Designing and execution experiments with food in order to understand performance of refrigerators food preserving performance
• Analyzing the food quality with a range of instruments
• Collecting and analyzing data
• Supporting colleagues with food science competence, as well as hands on activities in lab
• Reporting on progress at bi-weekly global meetings as well as scheduled project gates/check points
• You will work closely with a team of thermodynamic experts and food scientists as well as having close interactions with other Electrolux functions within the consumer experience organization or with our business areas.
WHO YOU ARE
• Curious. You have a high interest in finding, exploring and understanding Food and how to protect food quality.
• Proactive. You take initiative and are comfortable with solving challenging technical problems in an open minded and creative environment
• Creative. You have a strong passion for innovation and can transfer the consumer’s voice into innovative technical applications
• Team player and good communicator. You have ability to work in a matrix organization with international contacts.
• Practical. You enjoy working hands on in the lab
• Structured. You have an organized way of working with project management skills
• Mobile. You are open to travel internationally.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Master's Degree, preferably in Food Science/Food Technology. Profiles with academic background in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or Industrial/Applied Chemistry are as well invited to apply to the position.
• Experience of laboratory work, and analysis of food quality
• Min. 3 years’ experience in relevant fields (laboratory, food company, food packaging)
• Working with HPLC, Spectroscopy, machine vision, texturometer…etc.
• Knowledge of standard testing methodologies and good lab practice
• Test planning like DoE or other statistical methodologies
• Microsoft Office, Matlab
Fluent English (written and spoken)
Contact person: Urban Wählby