Senior Interaction Designer
Turn ideas into reality. Globally.
Senior Interaction Designer
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open to new ideas – we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Traditionally the appliance industry has been all about Hardware. Today, in the eye of IoT, voice assistants and autonomous systems, Software is increasingly entering the center stage to be married with hardware for a winning product. As such, Electrolux is strengthening the team with designers having previous experience from user-centered design for web and native apps.
You will be part of a cross-functional product team within our global business sector Home Care & Small Domestic Appliances. You will be based in Stockholm, working with Engineering, Design and Product management and you will drive the interaction design for our consumer products, such as robotic vacuums, air purifiers, and smaller kitchen appliances.
A Regular Day At Work
You will creatively lead the user experience process leading to the development of physical and digital user interactions, interface and design solutions of current and future appliances, from initial research, through concept, implementation
You inspire, coach and educate other designers. In turn, you look to be inspired, coached and educated by other designers.
• Lead teams as
• Produce user requirements specifications, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, state diagrams, non-functional and functional prototypes, and design specifications.
• Visualize and communicate new design solutions
• Participate in a user-centered design process
• Develop decision material
• Secure the correct visual quality of the output from the Product Design Process in due time.
• Develop a detailed plan and communicate with design team
• Present deliverables to stakeholders
• Conduct user research and structure findings
• Work closely with development teams to ensure that the design intent is implemented
• Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
• Guide the design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules
• Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project managers, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers
• Proactive. You do not play with ideas. You execute them.
• Communicative. You build
• Customer focused. You keep our consumersʼ needs and perspective in the heart of what you do.
• Analytical. You can put yourself
Experience & Qualifications
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in an appropriate field such as UX, UI, or Interaction Design.
• 5+ years' experience and in-depth knowledge of user interface design with consumer applications, mobile applications, consumer electronics, or other relevant industries
• Competent in spoken and written English
• Extensive knowledge and experience driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, marketing, and usability testing
• Expert knowledge of design and prototyping tools
• Experience with design research and design validation process
• Ability to create user scenarios, layouts and all other aspects of the user interface
• Excellent visualization skills and graphic sensitivity
• Professional working experience in developing graphical user interfaces (GUIs), and knowledge and/or interest in embedded user interfaces and its technology
• Aptitude for SW engineering, electronics development, and market inputs
• Ability to create user experiences and user interfaces based on human factors and ergonomics principles, end-user needs perspective
Contact person: Cecilia Bajera