Senior Interaction Designer
Shape living for the better.
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home or away from home can be.
Electrolux is currently looking for a talented and highly creative Senior Interaction Designer who will be part of the North American Major Appliances design team. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with colleagues in the development of UI, UX and Usability initiatives for the North America division of Electrolux. The position will be located in Charlotte, NC
This Senior Interaction Designer role is an excellent opportunity for any individual with particular interest in taking design beyond beautiful objects to meaningful experiences. You will be a key player in our Digital Design Experience team, developing outstanding consumer experiences, translating usage patterns into intuitive, rewarding interactions and workflows throughout the product life. We are looking for a passionate and energetic individual to join our ambitious and hardworking family.
Your responsibilities will span across many aspects of UX and UI Design; including, but not limited to information architecture, interaction, motion, usability, visual, sound, and prototyping. You will work closely with product management, marketing, engineering, a local and global design team, and leadership to bring novel new consumer experiences from concept to launch.
Senior User Experience Designers work hand-in-hand with other members of product, marketing, design, and technology teams to bring intuitive products to life. They look for opportunities to connect the dots across product teams and identify key dependencies. Your core mission is to work across different connected products to surface use cases and reduce user friction, while utilizing ubiquitous connectivity and cloud computing as design materials for a new era of modern living.
RESEARCH & ANALYSIS:
- Facilitate development and implementation of research, analysis methodology and tools related to each project and promote planning, implementation and analysis of the assigned project regarding its requirement, functions, market, trend, users and etc.
- UX concept
- Define and manage UX (User Experience) core principles and concepts for UI design using derived insights and analysis that provides meaningful values to target users and the company.
- Manage and oversee as to ensure that commercial output; e.g., information architecture, workflow, content and layout are materialized within the given timeline and resources by carrying out detailed scenarios created on the UX core principles and concept.
- Continuous improvement
- Plan, execute, and oversee the continuous improvement plan that incorporates KPIs with design improvements
- You work in, and encourage, cross-collaboration leveraging diversity and open feedback
- You are good at communicating concepts, design and ideas to stakeholders at all levels, in different shapes depending on the context
- You have previously demonstrated time management, communication and prioritization skills
- You understand and react to change and are capable to adapt to business and organizational needs
- You are a systems thinker by nature with an ability to zoom in and out as necessary
AS A PERSON YOU:
- Act with integrity, honesty and morale
- Bring a growth mindset
- Are a strong internal and external communicator
- Are a true team player
- Are creative and meticulous
- 7+ years of experience as a UX/Interaction Designer in a product, web, mobile, agency, or large enterprise company.
- BA/BS or MA/MS in relevant design field
- Ability to strategically solve complex design problems.
- Expertise in user-centered design process and user research techniques.
- Experience estimating, scoping, and writing effective statements of work that clearly set customer expectations.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to lead workshops to gather requirements and feedback on deliverables.
- Collaboration: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Organizational Savvy: Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics
- Self-Development: Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
- Create user-interface requirement specification documents.
- Ability present to C-level, senior stakeholders and partners as required.
- Working in Jira or Agile Environment
- Product Experience
DESIRED DESIGN SKILLS:
- Solid skills using Adobe Design Suite, and other design tools in Mac and PC environments. Experience prototyping interactions. Zepplin
- Experience with design project oversight through the entire project lifecycle - including managing multi-phase/multidimensional/ multi-resource projects to conclusion while maintaining high customer satisfaction.
- Ability to design user interfaces within technical constraints while leveraging and maximizing technical features
- Experience with all stages of product development - concept, wireframes, design iterations, production and QA.
- Cross-platform experience - desktop, tablet, consumer electronics, and mobile. A strong portfolio is critical for this role, both in terms of demonstrating your experience and as an example of your ability to create a compelling design presentation.
- Work samples that show both strong interaction and visual design proficiency.
- Your portfolio should showcase your experience in UX and interaction design, particularly where simplicity and ease of use were a major concern. We would like to see a diversity of projects and a solid collection of outcomes and deliverables (flows, mockups, and prototypes), with demonstrations of the design and thought process behind each project.