Senior Inventory Accountant
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Senior Accountant-Inventory will ensure accurate and complete transactional processing in accordance with company policy. Primary responsibilities include the accounting and internal reporting for all balance sheet and P&L accounts pertaining to inventory. This individual will be the subject matter expert for all systems used and will prepare various reports and analysis for management and business partners.
- Responsible for the Consolidated North America Sector Inventory reporting.
- Performs all assigned month-end duties and reporting schedules.
- Produces various monthly/quarterly/annual reports that account for the company’s investment in inventory.
- Evaluates the reasonableness and calculation of established inventory reserves.
- Provides guidance and/or resolution of reconciling items.
- Participates in system process and development projects.
- Participates in periodic physical inventory counts at all factory and distribution centers as deemed necessary.
- Investigation of count variances.
- Monitors Internal Controls are adhered to related to inventory.
- Provides support to the Accounting Manager by assisting other functions within the group as needed.
- Manages and improves the monthly financial closing process.
- Prepares analysis to support management initiatives and audit requests.
- Responsible for effectiveness of internal controls for closing routine process and other general accounting processes including maintenance of risk and control scorecards.
- Ensures timely and accurate preparation and distribution of monthly financial reports and statements including internal reports for global consolidations as well as reports for Sector management.
- Work directly with both internal and external auditors on financial audits.
- Participate in special projects as requested by leadership.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You appreciate and understand process and the project goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- BA in Accounting or related field of study required; MBA/CPA a plus.
- 5+ year experience in industry or public accounting required.
- High proficiency in MS Excel and SQL.
- SAP Experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Accounting Standards (US GAAP / International Accounting Standards).
- Strong understanding of financial reporting, accounting, planning and economics.
- Superior data management and analysis skills including demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft products, data warehouse queries, etc.
- Extremely detailed oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical and analytical skills, including experiences in SAP & SQL.