Senior Laboratory Engineer
Bring your vision to work. Bring innovation to life.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Gas Technology Domain is one of the six technologies of Research and Development function in the Consumer Experience Taste Food Preparation. We design and develop the industries best, delivering proprietary innovative gas technology solutions to be the top enabler of the development goals of Food Preparation, at a faster rate and with the most competitive cost for high quality features. Gas Technology Domain is globally involved in technology projects for all regions and markets.
You will be a part of our European team of Global Gas Technology Domain, located in the Forlì Electrolux factory. The team is able to cover local as well as global requirements and directly supports components development, validation and implementation for all regions.
As a Senior Lab Engineer you will perform tests and executes lab activities related to the validation of components, systems and appliances, in terms of functionality, safety, performance and reliability. You will interpret and follow up on test results.
• Test gas components, systems and appliances, according to Electrolux or European/international standards, with good autonomy
• Create test reports
• Be able to work with prototypes and prepare them as part of testing activity
• Ensure state-of-the-art test methodologies, also improving existing test methods
• Ensure correct maintenance of lab equipment for reliable test execution
• Be part of the teams for: DFMEA analysis, Risk assessment, component supply specification, test manual, design guideline
• Identify and solve problems in straightforward to complex situations; generates possible solutions.
• Contribute in the development of new projects, interacting with cross-functional teams.
• Work applying Kaizen approach
• Min. 3 years of experience within laboratory testing (gas products preferably)
• Knowledge of laboratory equipment, data acquisitions system, testing procedures and evaluations of results
• Knowledge of gas components preferred
• Knowledge of testing methods, system development and design
• Familiarity with gas/electric safety/performance standards preferred
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to plans own time to deliver tasks according to priorities
• Flexibility/agility. You are open to shift priorities and adjust to the business need
• Able to discuss any proposals fact based
• Knowledge of Six-Sigma, Design Of Experiments (DOE) and mechanical CAD design, preferably with CATIA, are a plus
• Prototype building and testing
• Very good English oral and written
• Availability to business trips abroad
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.