Senior Manager Architecture - Top Freezer
DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Senior Manager, Architecture Leader should have solid and proven experience in the R&D area and is ready to go the extra mile leading his/her team to ensure best-in-class consumer experience for new product launches and drive continuous improvement of existing products. This position will also provide technical support to the factory on short-term product-related problems, while following a rigorous, methodical, and an extensive cross functional collaborative approach.
- Lead strategy and execution of Architecture activities (New Product Introduction, Quality improvement, Cost reduction and Manufacturing support) to deliver the Food preservation business targets.
- Interface and align with CX and technology teams to understand product requirements and develop specification documentation seeking to re-use existing modules where possible and/or identify new designs that are needed to support new products
- Guarantee the application of R&D tools to ensure the best-in-class Quality/Fit-Feel-Finish and product improvements comply with product platform standardization.
- Manage resources and schedules to ensure successful execution of projects.
- Support the factory as needed to solve manufacturing problems.
- Drive continuous improvement in current design and process.
- Drive efficiency and a high level of productivity; build up a talented team to ensure the delivery of long-term business values.
- Assist in the preparation of all documentation/presentation material and provides timely communication to organization as to project status and deliverables.
- Ensure collaboration and synergies among all different cross-functional teams while creating an ONE R&D Community mindset.
- Responsible for implementing all Safety, EMS, ISO9000/14000 requirements as appropriate to R&D.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Focused on achieving your targets – and those of customers.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience in R&D in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- 5+ years’ experience managing engineering team.
- Experience in Home appliance products/technologies.
- Strong understanding of engineering, continuous improvement, change management, manufacturing, and assembly processes.
- Good knowledge of product & production processes.
- Good knowledge of product cost accounting & reporting.
- Good knowledge of quality tools & reporting.
- Strong Continuous Improvement mindset.