Senior Manager - Corporate Accounting
To ensure all statutory accounting processes and governance are in accordance with the organization policies and procedures and drive improvement processes.
- To lead and oversee statutory function of APAC region for local statutory audits, tax filings, government and other ad-hoc reporting.
- Carry out all statutory and governance initiatives, and pro-actively seeks areas to improve statutory Reporting processes.
- Works in collaboration with the Accounting Operations team ensuring timely and accurate completion of balance sheet reconciliations
- Leads on the preparation of the external audit, working with colleagues across the Finance function to plan and produce the audit file, in a timely an accurate manner, learning from previous years’ audits.
- Manages the relationship with the external auditors to ensure the audit is as short as possible resulting in an excellent audit report.
- Excellent people management skills and a proven track record in establishing relationships with stakeholders
- As a proactive, innovative and commercially driven individual, you will be very familiar with the daily financial processes and it’s impact towards the business.
- Professional accounting, CPA, ACCA, finance or equivalent
- At least 18 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position;
- Preferably candidates who have prior experience gained or are currently working with the Big 4 firms will be an added advantage.
- Required ERP skill SAP
- Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs;
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met;
- Extensive knowledge of department processes;
- Lead team in spotting and resolving recurring performance problems and in initiating improvement activities;
- Experience in Shared Service Centre will be an advantage;
- Demonstrated success working both individually and with a team in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline oriented environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
o Strong work ethic and attention to detail is required
o Possess strong organizational and time management skills
o Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in order to deal effectively with a variety of interpersonal relationships and situations.
o Ability to cultivate strong working relationships with personnel from various areas of responsibility within the organization and interact with employees and customers in a professional manner.