Senior Manager, Data & Analytics
This is a IT leadership position with expert-level knowledge of data and analytics, implementing tools and strategies to translate vast amounts of data into valuable business insights, decisions and products.
Partnering with external providers and internal business across marketing, sales, product lines, product design, supply chain, manufacturing, finance & HR etc, you will use critical thinking, drive data democratization and machine learning to identify opportunities and solve problems through data and diagnostic tools. In addition, you will rive the company into predictive and prescriptive data maturity, capitalization on our data assets and reach to consumers through our 360 consumer and connected experience strategy.
• Collaborate closely with business and functional units to identify issues, and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
• Develop a data roadmap and strategy that identifies pain-points and opportunities, leverage unified data infrastructure, and data assets from internal and external resources, that drives prioritized outcomes with the highest value to the business
• Work within IT, business analysts and external providers to ingest, merge, cleanse data from varied sources to provide accurate and insightful dashboards and reports
• Drive self-service reporting and visualization capabilities, and a data mindset through mentoring and training of business analysts to create a data-driven culture
• Use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems, recognize patterns and develop actionable insights
• Keep abreast of latest technology, techniques and methods, with academia and innovative data solution providers
• Develop data prototypes and proof of concepts, and use algorithms to solve problems, enthusing business leaders and users on the benefit of the insights developed, and actions taken.
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES:
Required Profile (Experience on the job, Career experiences, Overall experiences):
• University degree in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, machine learning
• 10 years experience in industry or academia
• Strong experience and track record in data mining, data modelling and data solution delivery
• Strong business analyst skills and experience interacting with very diverse customers are desired
• Good skills in data analysis, presentation of results and outlining of solutions to the business community, leveraging data visualization techniques with Cognos or Tableau
• Good understanding of Machine Learning techniques and algorithms such KNN, Random Forests, Naive Bayes, Gaussian processes etc
• Good scripting and programming languages, eg, in Python, R, Java, C++
• Experience in query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
• Experience in databases and data frameworks, including Oracle BI, NoSQL, Hadoop
• Possess strong digital thinking, experience in agile deliveries
• Consultative communications and IT-business partnership experience
• Experience in leading evaluations and vendor selection, and driving delivery
• Good business acumen and out-of-the-box thinker.
• Adaptive learner in new processes and complex environments
• People leadership skills and ability to work in teams in a matrix environment