Senior Manager, IT Applications, East Asia
The Senior Manager IT Applications - East Asia has the responsibility to drive the East Asia business objectives through information technology, digital, connected solutions, data, analytics, IT solutions and services in alignment with the Group IT strategy. This role will be a member of APAC Regional IT team, and partner closely with the EMA – East Asia Executive Leadership team.
The role will be guided by the following strategic IT objectives supporting the Group Strategy:
• Drive value for customers and consumers (Best-in-Class Consumer Experience)
• Improve business performance (Operational Excellence)
• Deliver IT efficiencies (profitable growth)
The role will lead and direct the IT organization in E Asia on a day by day basis, promote collaborative and productive relationships across all areas of the business and IT, as well as serving all business sectors and functions in the region with regards to their current and future information technology and solution requirements.. The role is expected to be a steward in digital transformation, drive thought leadership, digital journey of the E Asia business, as well as consumers and drive business value (revenue/efficiency) through technology-enabled solutions. With a strong focus on customer obsession and customer experience, data, algorithms, UX, eco-systems, this role plays a key change partner to E Asia by (1) bringing superior customer & consumer capabilities, (2) delivering connected devices and 360 consumer experience, (3) driving effortless customer journeys, (4) driving process optimization and automation across all functions, (5) enabling data-driven / algorithm enabled organization.
A key responsibility of the role includes driving and managing application development projects and support services, and is tasked with effective, efficient and qualitative project/portfolio management, delivery of IT solutions and application services across E Asia and should be recognized for innovation, operational excellence and efficiency in the delivery of solutions and services.
Furthermore, the role is responsible to ensure full alignment on external and internal services delivered to and from E Asia for the Sales company in a local, regional or global IT delivery model
• Lead and manage the IT applications function and its team to continuously drive value, and deliver IT capabilities and projects whilst ensuring proper IT communications and IT governance.
• Ensure IT planning in close cooperation with business stakeholders in East Asia and APAC region. Partner with business leadership and other key stakeholders to define opportunities, identify and prioritize projects based on predefined criteria (return on investment, productivity, compliance, etc.), build and manage a forward looking IT portfolio aligned with business stakeholders and APAC IT.
• Project manage major E Asia specific IT initiatives for successful implementation on time and within budget, using both waterfall and agile methodologies
• Coach and mentor team members within IT and create a high performing team.
• Direct team involved in the development and implementation of business applications and/or maintenance and support of the existing application portfolio.
• Direct activities to ensure work adheres to processes, procedures and standards; when required, manage projects in a professional and active manner, improving quality and reducing project risks.
• Identify and drive opportunities for synergies and efficiencies across IT and the business.
• Maintain Group IT strategy, standards and procedures at all times.
• Manage IT risks taking active steps to mitigate such risks in day-to-day IT service delivery.
• Manage on/offshore third party IT providers.
• Provide guidance and leadership in digital transformation
• Be an active member of the APAC IT leadership Team and partner and work closely with the EMA – East Asia Executive Leadership team.
• Act as the point of contact for the business and other parts of the regional IT organization.
• Actively build cross-functional and cross-competence collaboration within and outside the direct area of control.
• Maintain Group IT strategy, standards and procedures at all times.
• Be proactive in identifying operational issues and drive resolution
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES:
Required Profile (Experience on the job, Career experiences, Overall experiences):
• Bachelor in Computer Sciences.
• Minimum 10 years of IT experience, including people management level & IT project management experience.
• Strong organizational skills including multi-tasking skills.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Experience in governance and risk management.
• PMP/CITM/CSM/PRINCE II or relevant certification
• Agile SCRUM experience• Strong customer focus and service attitude.
• Passion for change and delivering tangible benefits for our customers and consumers.
• Business savviness and understand typical business processes in sales organizations in regards to system interactions
• Clear thinking, effective communicator at all levels and with different cultural groups.
• Personal influence and able to work with groups to build consensus on IT solutions, scopes, timelines and business cases.
• Strong people manager who is able to coach others to handle a varied workload and stressful situations.
• Self-motivated, positive, flexible, pro-active approach to delivery.
• Organized and methodical, with high energy and enthusiasm., that is accompanied by a high degree of accountability, demonstrated through reliability and willingness to assume responsibility for achieving team goals.
• Experience formulating, creating alignment around, and delivering digital pilots and projects in a high-paced competitive environment.
• Experience of identifying, structuring and implementing IT solutions in a project environment
• Proven record of business and people leadership in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplined environment, to drive process changes and adoption of new IT solutions
• Strategic thinker, strong business acumen and broad working knowledge of business functions and sales company processes (Sales, Finance, Service, Marketing etc).
• Highly experienced project management of enterprise level applications in a multi-functional user environment, to deliver on time and budget
• Experience across various facets of the IT discipline including applications development using commercial off-the-shelf software, project management, portfolio management, etc, with deep experience in more than one area.
• Proven record of developing IT portfolio governance in close cooperation with business stakeholders.
• Experience managing third party resources and services in an on/offshore model
• Demonstrated ability to identify risks, and approach problem solving with creativity and innovation.
• Ability to present and drive outcomes to all levels, including Senior Management steering committees.
• Useful to have experience working in: JD Edwards World ERP, Cognos, Salesforce SFA & SAP CRM
• Able and willing to travel as required.