Senior Manager, NA Inbound Transportation
DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
- Lead and manage onsite and remote full-time, contract, and third-party employees.
- Design and implement an industry leading global and domestic freight network that balances service, resiliency, sustainability, velocity, agility, and cost.
- Anticipate and mitigate risk in a dynamic and volatile domestic and global freight marketplace.
- Partner strategically with key leadership in the Global Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Sales, Product Line, Trade Compliance, and Supply Chain Planning to coordinate on an annual plan that is agile and flexible, managing weekly and monthly fluctuations in demand and supply.
- Act as subject matter expert on Global Logistics for Product Lines and Procurement to support make/buy analysis, develop total delivered cost modeling, and promote new product introductions
- Leverage continuous improvement and problem-solving expertise to deliver savings initiatives that meet or outperform financial targets, drive improvement in sustainability, or enhance velocity and on-time delivery reliability.
- Oversee all domestic and international inbound transportation operations, measuring performance against key performance indicators and targets including service, sustainability, cost, quality, and people.
- Develop and maintain organizational development objectives, using influence and strong business case assessment to identify opportunities that promote top performers and ensure the long-term viability of the team.
- Show authentic and deep curiosity around consumer needs and elevate the consumer by driving integrated, digital solutions that support end-to-end supply chain visibility and connected planning and execution.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs service delivery.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- Focused on achieving your targets – and those of customers.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- College Degree is required.
- Minimum 7 years of progressive leadership experience in a complex, matrixed environment; preferably in a high velocity consumer goods manufacturing organization.
- Proven industry expertise in global ocean logistics.
- Proven industry expertise in all modes of domestic logistics.
- Demonstrated expertise in logistics procurement and planning.
- Experience with direct people management with hands on approach to coaching, mentoring, and ensuring a culture of accountability.
- Strong problem solving and exhibits judgement in decision making.
- Continuous Improvement mindset with proven analytical skills and maintains a focus on innovation and curiosity to problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to network and drive cross-collaboration across multiple organizational levels.
- Excellent acumen interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.