Senior Manager-Sustainability, APAC & MEA
Project & Program Management
As Sustainability Senior Manager, you
will work together with the Head of Sustainability in a new role to drive
sustainability in Business Area APAC & MEA.
The Electrolux Sustainability framework comprises three key areas; Better Solutions, Better Company, and Better Living. You will be working across the organization to ensure that we integrate sustainability in all areas and across all consumer, customer and employee touchpoints. Your role will be varied, helping to build our organisation and ways of working, analysing our market, industry and competitors, working together with others to ensure we think and behave sustainably at each step.
At Electrolux, we strive to improve everyday life for millions of people and the world around us. It is embedded in everything we do, in every idea, every product and every human interaction. We are determined to become even better and to make smarter, more resource-efficient solutions available for everyone. Our mission is to become a sustainable, consumer experience, innovation driven company.
A Typical Day
- To Co-create the Sustainability Strategy for BA APAC & MEA, working together with the Head of Sustainability.
- To clarify, align, operationalize, and communicate the Electrolux Group sustainability agenda, the For the Better framework, within the BA
- Provide guidance and support across the entire business operation to meet or exceed company targets for all relevant business areas: product development, manufacturing process, ownership solutions, supply chain, etc.
- Drive the setting of tactical goals and objectives for clear activity roadmaps and KPIs, collaborating with senior stakeholders to create team ownership and commitment and following up on progress.
- Within the organization, lead steering groups, set tactical goals, develop guidelines, report progress, and educate working teams through communication, training, workshops, and data capture
- Contribute to the Sustainability KPI dashboard and regularly report progress.
- Contribute to the link between BA and Group Sustainability.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of key trends influencing or impacting Electrolux sustainability targets
- Knowledge of climate change impacts and mitigation
- Understanding of corporate social responsibility, including ethics, corruption and diversity
- Understanding of Circular Economy business models and processes
- Knowledge of sustainable materials and processing techniques
- Expertise in product design for serviceability, repair, reuse, and remanufacture
- Experience in the development of Corporate Sustainability Initiatives
- Knowledge of process and tools for Life Cycle Assessment
- Understanding of methodologies used to influence sustainable consumer behavior
- Knowledge of large company energy, waste and emissions management
- Experience of developing sustainable brand communication initiatives
- Tools and techniques in facilitation of workshops for stakeholder engagement
- Corporate education initiatives and internal comms experience
- Experience working in an international, matrix organization
Who You Are
- A leader– you have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to share and achieve the same.
- Open– You keep the consumer and customer front of mind, bringing an outside-in perspective, encouraging cross-collaboration, leveraging diversity and encouraging open feedback.
- Agile– you work with urgency, analysing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- A strategic-thinker– you can join the dots to take the business from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
- Growth-oriented– you love to explore new ideas and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but also to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
- Results-driven. Maximising efficiencies and hitting KPIs are just the beginning: your real passion is to deliver business value in both the short and long term.
- Energetic– your enthusiasm is infectious, inspires, and engages your colleagues and collaborators to achieve, deliver, be accountable and own their work.
- Ambitious – You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- Integrity and respect– you maintain high standards of honesty and trustworthiness and consider ethical implications of issues and decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sustainability, Engineering or Business-related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- 10+ years of experience in creating and managing sustainability strategies, ideally covering both environmental and social aspects
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel