Senior Manufacturing Manager
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
The Launch Manager is a direct report of the Plant Manager and is a key member of the Site Manufacturing Leadership Team responsible for affecting change, aligning manufacturing goals to the Company’s strategic direction, providing Project Management support for ~2000 employee population, and ensuring the successful launch of a state of the art, automated Assembly and Subassembly area. Responsibilities also include providing practical, consistent, and proactive support, direction and advice to other functional managers on Project Management to facilitate in achieving the objectives and targets of the organization. The Launch Manager manages complex cross functional project teams, consisting of representatives from other Electrolux functions and locations, and drives discipline within the Electrolux Project Management (EPM) process, with the objectives of speed to market, product quality, costs, and operational efficiency. The Launch Manager assures efforts are aligned with the strategic focus of creating a “Best-in-Class consumer experience” in the areas of “Taste, Care & Wellbeing Innovation”, “Quality and Ownership Experience”, and “Star Products with Preferred Partners.
- Plans and ensures execution of project deliverables within agreed-upon timing and budget. Composes a schedule and plans for executing the project, including sequencing, identification of dependencies, duration and resource needs, cost estimations, budgeting and control.
- Conducts regular project review meetings. Regularly presents project status reports to Steering Committee, other senior managers, and Plant Manager.
- Clearly communicates roles and responsibilities within the project core and extended team.
- Tracks progress against agreed targets. Implements mitigation plan for at-risk items. Submits investment requests. Tracks and manages capital and expenses through close of project.
- Resolves conflicts with capex, schedules, and resources as needed. Elevates issues and/or risks to management when necessary.
- Promotes culture of “Teamship” and professional accountability among core and extended team members. Communicates vision, promotes goal alignment, provides coaching and feedback for performance management.
- Adheres to the Electrolux Project Management (EPM) process. Utilizes EPM Gate software to track and report project progress. Ensures mandatory deliverables are met prior to requesting gate completion. Utilizes change management process within EPM.
- Applies all the requirements related to the Electrolux Management System (EMS), ISO9001/14001 requirements according to the position.
- Coordinates efforts in all areas of the Project by working with site Manufacturing Operations, R&D and Advanced Manufacturing Engineering teams, to provide or obtain necessary information.
- Owns/maintains the overall Project Management Master schedule.
- Monitors costs to ensure that it is within the project objective with minimal disruption to the manufacturing floor.
- Establishes assembly and production project in order to meet targets.
- Coordinates efforts required for manufacturing facility changes that are required.
- Coordinates Purchasing efforts to ensure activities are taking place with suppliers to meet all requirements.
- Provides continuous auditing of processes being deployed for successfully completion of projects.
- Provides feedback at the end of the project that identifies ways to improve future projects.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Engineering or Business or equivalent work experience
- 5 plus years of experience in a Large Plant Manufacturing environment or 5 plus years in Project Management experience
- Effective in completion of multi-faceted projects in conjunction with daily activities.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive while recognizing and supporting the organization’s priorities.
- Results-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations
- Demonstrated success establishing goals and objectives to meet key deliverables and commitments using fact-based information and data
- Exceptional verbal and written communications. Ability to lead, influence, communicate & interact with people within a cross-functional team setting, as well as customers and external suppliers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Moderate travel (up to 25%) required, including travel abroad.
- PMP Certification preferred.
- Lean or Six Sigma Certifications or background preferred.