Senior Mechanical Engineer
Electrolux Global R&D Fabric Care presents:
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Join a truly international mechanical team of Global R&D
Work with top engineers spread across the globe, face the challenges and deliver innovative results!
Discover the world of fabric, dish care, and make
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
This a very dynamic and interactive position as you will manage various internal and external relationships and work with many teams inside of R&D. You will develop components, modules and systems on a global level as well as support the technical documentation, reporting and presenting results.
On a regular day at work you will:
• Create and validate mechanical components/system taking care of its design and development (technical specification, functionality, reliability, manufacturability, safety etc.)
• Drive the execution of mechanical development activities
• Develop detailed mechanical design and support test specifications to product level validation
• Create mechanical design options to meet design specifications, manufacturing processes and assembly requirements
• Recommend modifications based on prototype testing to validate parts based on DFMA, DFC, DFQ, …
• Outline designs based on technical specifications and plan for production process implication
• Cooperate with the laboratories, test and evaluate mechanical designs and concepts to meet the specified functionality/features, quality and cost targets
• Participate in system/module/platform/architecture definition and its reviews in line with standardization & modularization guideline
• Participate in supplier evaluation and selection
• Monitor and commission changes to plant and systems (PLM, …) and support part/product approval
• Supply all technical input for product literature, BOM, labels, technical manuals, etc.
• Smooth communicator. You are able to establish
• Proactive. You have a drive to move things forward and achieve the results.
• Operational Performance. You display a mature approach and a reliable work ethic.
• Strong Team Player. You are able to work and deliver under pressure in high performing cross-functional team.
• Open to travel. You will cooperate with teams across the globe and might be required to travel overseas.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5-7 years of experience in a relevant field (preferably white goods company)
• 2D and 3D drawing skills (preferably Auto CAD;
• Italian and English language – fluent
• Experience of working with prototypes, knowledge of main technology development processes and plastic materials will be a plus.
Kindly provide your CV in English.