Senior Module Development Engineer
ELECTROLUX GLOBAL R&D FOOD PREPARATION PRESENTS
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Senior Module Development Engineer – Forlí (Italy).
We are looking for a candidate for our European (EU+MEA) team of Global Gas Technology Organization (GTO), located in the Forlì Electrolux factory.
The team is able to cover local as well as global requirements and has to directly support components development, validation and implementation for all regions.
As Module Development Engineer you will have the responsibility to design, develop and validate innovative technological solutions for new products/modules/systems and current product improvements to be applied to Cooking appliances with focus on design for manufacturability and assembly.
You will report to the local GTO team Manager and will work fully aligned with team performance objectives.
• Identify and define specification requirements linked to modules/systems/components, with focus on mechanical components (gas burners, gas pipes and rails, etc.)
• Design for manufacturability and assembly as a must: create design options to meet design specifications, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and assembly requirements
• Design for automation
• Participate in supplier evaluation and selection, representing GTO in discussion with suppliers and relevant Electrolux stakeholders (Purchasing, Quality, …)
• FMEA impacting on parts robustness.
• Validate modules functionality, quality, safety and performance based on above requirements;
• Participate in system and subsystem reviews and in global GTO projects, also acting as a leader (or: in one-two years shale be able to gain and demonstrate capability to act as leader)
• Evaluation and optimization of components for quality and safety improvement.
• Support to all Electrolux Functions with expertise and competence in gas product and for quality improvement and cost reduction activities.
• Develop detailed design and test specifications to meet the specified function/features, quality and cost targets
• Test modules/systems/components, analyzing failures and delivering robust design;
• Ensure the execution of GTO development project/activities to deliver gas Technology Roadmap, according to modularization guidelines of gas subsystems and fulfilling Consumer Needs.
• Follow up the introduction of new technologies into products.
· Relationship builder. You are able to work in a matrix organization, building strong and valid relationships with all the functions in the organization
· Independent. You can take responsibility and get things done
· Creative. You challenge the existing status quo
· Team player. You enjoy working with smart people from whom you can learn
· Open minded. Do not only adjust but also bring on new, fresh ideas
· Proactive. You can take initiative and navigate in a matrix organization
· Attitude to continuous improvement in all the job areas. You always look for the better ways to do things
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (e.g. Aerospace, Material Science Engineering)
• Technical performance: good skill in gas/mechanics/combustion and knowledge of manufacturing processes
• Is able to clearly present technical information to groups such as project/team meetings
• Has a robust, structured and professional engineering approach in all activities
• Is able to generate several alternative solutions and evaluate their feasibility
• Understands project management principles and supports projects metrics and deliverables
• Has a good understanding of product cost structure and the financial impact of engineering on the business
• Demonstrated ability in finalizing high quality technical studies/assignments
• Successful design/redesign and implementation into production of components, cost reductions or service and quality improvements.
• At least 5 years of strong experience (including project leadership and managing) in Research & Development or Quality Departments, in home appliances or similar business areas (gas products preferably).
• Excellent English skills in both spoken and written
• Familiarity about Gas Systems
• Familiarity with legislation for domestic cooking appliances
• Six-Sigma skills, DOE and Measuring System Evaluation knowledge
• Availability to travel domestic and international for business trips