Senior Motor Control Engineer
Lead the way within the next frontier of Home Appliance Motor Control development. Globally.
At Electrolux, we are on a journey to shape living for the better. By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in Porcia (PN) - Italy within the Motor Control group setting with many different colleagues from all around the world.
The Senior Motor Control Engineer must collect all requirements coming from other company departments to support the implementation and the planning of the Motor Control functionality, supervising critical phases of the projects and respecting the timing.
She/he will be part of an open-minded team, where creativity and innovation are the key drivers.
An international work environment allows, moreover, working closely with colleagues and/or partners from all over the word, understanding different realities, cultures and people.
• Support the development and maintenance of Motor Control Algorithm for Induction and Synchronous PM Motors applied to washing machine, tumble dryers and dish washers.
• Support the development and maintenance of other SW modules part of the Motor Control area (communication, Safety Relevant SW, interfaces with other application algorithms).
• Preparation and maintenance of SW related documentation such as functional block schemes or SW modules functionality description.
• Testing and preparation of documentation for Safety Certification (IEC/UL) of Motor Control Board.
• Preparation and maintenance of HW technical specification documents, ensuring the compliance with design guidelinesc coming from standards and technology trends.
• Interaction with the Suppliers to support motor control electronic boards sampling and mass production industrialization during the proper project development phases.
• Support motor analysis and testing, tune of control parameters for required application.
• Support characterization and testing of Motor Control Boards.
• Cooperating in addition with the Team Manager for the planning and budgeting of the team activities.
• Master’s Degree in Electrics / Electronics Engineering or equivalent experience.
• At least 5 years of experience on motor control development or on control of inverter for industrial applications.
• Basic experience in Project Management or project leadership.
• Knowledge of DSP and micro-controller architectures and C/ C++ language, assembly programming knowledge as a plus;
• Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink and its applicability on embedded systems;
• Proven knowledge of motor control algorithms with special focus to sensorless techniques;
• Excellent spoken and written English language.
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.