Senior Printing Quality Expert
Electrolux shapes living for the better by reinventing taste, care and wellbeing experiences, and making life more enjoyable and sustainable for millions of people. Through our brands, including Electrolux, AEG, Anova, Frigidaire, Westinghouse and Zanussi, we sell more than 60 million household and professional products in more than 150 markets every year.
In the CXO organization, we aim to design solutions that elevate the everyday. Generating insights and acting on them with consumer-centric innovation, developing brand and product communication that connects with consumers and elevates our brands and driving digital transformation across the organization.
We are now looking to hire a Senior Printing Quality Expert based in Shanghai.
You will work in the R&D team under the guidance and leadership of the R&D Director in Shanghai with close collaboration with the Packaging Team in Stockholm. You will be part of the Consumer Experience Organization, and where relevant, part of the multidisciplinary project team.
You will be part of a dynamic team, developing new solutions and ways of working. We think you are solution-oriented, a team player and a relationship builder. You are passionate about your profession and take own initiatives to drive solutions and results.
As Printing Quality Expert, you will be part of R&D Team reporting directly to the R&D Director.
Main responsibilities of the role:
· Responsible for the printing quality check of the packaging and POS material.
· Responsible for approving the printed material of packaging and POS.
· Coordinate and oversee the operationalization and production of packaging and develop specifications and requirements.
· Overall responsible for printing quality of the Packaging as an expertise and resource within the Consumer Experience Organization.
· Work in close collaboration with Packaging Engineer in Shanghai.
· Work in close collaboration with Packaging Team in Stockholm.
· Assists in mapping the current packaging process and identify a new optimized approach together with main stakeholders.
· Work with the PMO team to ensure an effective integration packaging into product development processes.
· Initiate and identify packaging printing suppliers.
· Great experience of attending print on press and singing off the printed materials.
· Great knowledge of packaging and printing materials (from materials and printing techniques and sustainability aspects)
· High understanding of cost calculation and efficiency for production with printing suppliers.
· High understanding of printing techniques (offset printing, Flexo printing)
· Great knowledge in different printing techniques, colour spectrum and using a photo spectrometer.
· Good knowledge of Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
· Good knowledge of repro production.
Soft skills needed for the role:
· Fluent in English, both written and oral.
· Fluent in Mandarin.
· You are solution-oriented & result driven.
· Team player and a relationship builder.
· You are passionate about your profession and take own initiatives to drive the department forward.
· You are self-going and managing your time and priorities.
· Need to travel to printing suppliers.
· University / Business School or equivalent
Preferred Career Experience:
· You will typically possess a degree or higher-level qualification in a print related discipline.
· You will have more than 4-5 years' experience.
· You will be recognized within your competency peer group for your expertise and talent in your field, and for your specific competency knowledge and capability.
· You will typically support the project team for projects requiring a high level of specialism in your competency.
It is a plus, but not a must:
· High understanding of box construction, pallet optimization, logistics.
· Experience of using a proof printer such as Espon.
· Assists in mapping the standard of the current printing suppliers.*** Insert Job Title external description ***