Senior Product Care Engineer
- Participate, support and drive projects & design concepts to achieve Cost & Quality Excellence and sustainability targets.
- Align with design guideline and MAL, DOM and related platform engineers.
A Typical Day
- Cost Reduction
- Investigate and implement projects to reduce DM (Direct Material), DL (Direct Labor) costs and sustainability.
- Quality Improvement
- Investigate and implement projects to improve the quality of the manufactured products to reduce the warranty SCR (Service Call Rate).
- Factory Support
- Provide technical support to the factory to assist in the reduction of rework, to improve productivity, and to process requests for design changes from the ECR (Engineering Change Request) system.
- Design, develop and modify components and finished assemblies
- Construct 3D CAD models and create detailed drawings using CATIA software
- Coordinate the prototyping, performance and quality verification, tooling quotation, part cost quotation, sourcing, production trials and approval of components and finished assemblies
- Construct and update BOM’s (Bill of Materials), ECN’s (Engineering Change Notices) and manage approval documentation in our systems according internal procedures.
- Follow up and rectify problems found with components and assemblies
- Participate in Project Teams
- Participate in FMEA’s (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- Prepare & manage project management, progress tracking, timing plans, risk assessments and the reporting of project status
- When necessary, support the introduction and ramp-up of new models designed by the R&D Department into production (whether directly or indirectly involved)
Who You Are
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical)
- Knowledge about Quality tools (FMEA, PSRA, …)
- Mechanical component development, system development and design
- Structured engineering approach
- CAD-knowledge (Catia)
- PLM-knowledge (Teamcenter)
- Basic knowledge of electric and gas safety
- Knowledge of manufacturing knowledge
- Knowledge of approval and environmental rules in different countries
- Knowledge of cross-location platform impacts on his work and secure information flow between location
- Knowledge about Electrolux processes (EPM, IQ&EMS)
- ISO 9001 (Quality Management)
- ISO 14001 (Environmental Standards)
- Team Working Capabilities
- Fluent English language
- Strong self-motivation to learn and improve
- Working in an international environment
- Proactiveness & Open minded
- Attitude for continuous improvement
- Willing to Travel if necessary
- Respect of culture diversities