Senior Product Care Engineer
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES)
Coordinates and manages R&D activities/projects to support cost, quality, and factory goals on daily production and new product launches. Provides leadership on supplier development and strategies as it pertains to engineering regional and global directives. Responsible for project assignments that could range in complexity from component level application to complete system development. Applies project management principles to effectively accomplish goals and objectives on time and within budgetary constraints. Interfaces with all departments, vendors and customers within the scope of the project. Provides engineering management periodic status updates as required.
- Product design improvement and optimization.
- Provide engineering expertise as related to product cost and factory support.
- Analyze test data and correlate to product design improvements.
- Coordinate activities/projects necessary to achieve company quality and cost goals.
- Assist in the establishment of development requirements for product changes and help execute them to meet objectives.
- Leadership and support in developing plans for future growth.
- Leadership in maximizing R&D’s quality and production support.
- Leadership and support in building the relationship between Product Care teams and other departments.
- Coordinate and maintain a historical log of projects completed and in process.
- Provide updates to management and project teams as required.
- Must be able to work within a team environment.
- Conduct design reviews with diligence and accuracy.
- Ability to write and interpret project schedules.
- Give written and oral presentations when required.
- Operate productively in a cross functional and diverse workplace utilizing the global experience within the corporation.
- Execute other assignments as deemed strategically required by top management.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- Maximizing efficiencies and hitting KPIs are just the beginning: your real passion is delivering products that change and enhance lives. The rest is a bonus.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Science/Manufacturing required.
- Minimum of 5 years product design related experience.
- Plastics / Sheet Metal design development experience required.
- Demonstrated PC proficiency is required.
- Must have general knowledge of manufacturing and assembly methodologies.
- Experience on purchasing processes, should cost models, RFQ’s, MOU’s and sourcing boards preferred.
- Experience with sourcing, manufacturing, or quality improvement role, including hands-on experience surveying, auditing, and assessing supplier capabilities and compliance to contract.
- Experience with electronics / harnesses / plastics /metals / suppliers and production processes.
- Certified 6 Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt is a plus.
- Lean manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Manufacturing/Quality/R&D experience in the appliance industry is a plus.
- Financial analysis, total cost, business case experiences a must.
- Excellent Micro-Soft Office skills – Word, Excel, Power Point, Project
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Technical aptitude with continued willingness to learn.
- Strong Continuous Improvement mindset
- Good verbal and written communications.
- Exceptional Problem-Solving Skills.
- Mature thinking and professional presentation with common sense and judgment in a broad business perspective.