Senior Product Care Engineer
Coordinates and manages
R&D activities/projects to support cost, quality, and factory goals on
daily production and new product launches. Provides leadership on supplier
development and strategies as it pertains to engineering regional and global
directives. Responsible for project assignments that could range in complexity
from component level application to complete system development. Applies project management principles to
effectively accomplish goals and objectives on time and within budgetary
constraints. Interfaces with all
departments, vendors and customers within the scope of the project. Provides engineering management periodic
status updates as required.
KEY OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Product design improvement and optimization
- Provide engineering expertise as related to product cost and factory support.
- Analyze test data and correlate to product design improvements.
- Coordinate activities/projects necessary to achieve company quality and cost goals.
- Assist in the establishment of development requirements for product changes and help execute them to meet objectives.
- Leadership and support in developing plans for future growth.
- Leadership in maximizing R&D’s quality and production support.
- Leadership and support in building the relationship between Product Care teams and other departments.
- Coordinate and maintain a historical log of projects completed and in process.
- Provide updates to management and project teams as required.
- Must be able to work within a team environment.
- Conduct design reviews with diligence and accuracy.
- Ability to write and interpret project schedules.
- Give written and oral presentations when required.
- Operate productively in a cross functional and diverse workplace utilizing the global experience within the corporation.
- Execute other assignments as deemed strategically required by top management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Science/Manufacturing required.
- Minimum of 5 years product design related experience.
- Plastics / Sheet Metal design development experience required.
- Demonstrated PC proficiency is required.
- Must have general knowledge of manufacturing and assembly methodologies.
- Experience on purchasing processes, should cost models, RFQ’s, MOU’s and sourcing boards preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience with sourcing, manufacturing or quality improvement role, including hands-on experience surveying, auditing and assessing supplier capabilities and compliance to contract.
- Experience with electronics / harnesses / plastics /metals / suppliers and production processes.
- Certified 6 Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt is a plus.
- Lean manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Manufacturing/Quality/R&D experience in the appliance industry is a plus.
- Financial analysis, total cost, business case experience a must.
- Excellent Micro-Soft Office skills – Word, Excel, Power Point, Project
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Technical aptitude with continued willingness to learn.
- Strong Continuous Improvement mindset
- Good verbal and written communications.
- Exceptional Problem Solving Skills.
- Mature thinking and professional presentation with common sense and judgment in a broad business perspective.