Senior Product Cost Engineer
Purchasing & Sourcing
Stockholm and Hong Kong , Sweden
Break new ground. Then keep on going.
Senior Product Cost Engineer
The Product Costing Management team is a driving force in the strategic agenda of improving overall company profits. This team is chartered with the ownership of all Product Costs, Product Cost Modelling as well as analysing opportunities for Cost Savings across baseline and in new product developments.
As a Senior Product Cost Engineer you will lead the Product costing work stream involving other functions in new product development projects and drive value based activities the organization throughout the Product Life-Cycle Management (PLM). Furthermore, you will be an integral part of the journey of establishing a strong and robust product cost management team and culture within Electrolux.
REGULAR DAY AT WORK
Center of Expertise
You will develop subject matter expertise on costing processes and methods in general but increasingly also related to specific components and products. You’ll conduct systematic external and internal product tear downs for Design-to-Cost/Manufacturing best practice learning. You’re someone who can drive excellence in VAVE-skills (value analysis value engineering) specifically along the product life cycle (PLM) work on live products to take out cost. You can be the costing center of gravity in the organization, educating engineers in different fields in costing skill (Should costing, Target costing) and Design-to-Cost essentials. You’ll thrive and excel in leveraging costing tools to support, advice and efficiency along the costing efforts in and outside projects
You’ll be the leader of the Costing Work Stream in New Product Development projects together with the Business, Purchasing, R&D, Manufacturing and Quality, ensure target cost is achieved by owning the total cost picture and lead workshops in early project stages to evaluate better solutions reducing costs and/or improved quality. You’re an advisor in supplier negotiations stemming from a good Should Cost- and VAVE-Analysis with identified areas, potentials and arguments/strategies for the negotiation. You’ll provide support to Sourcing and Purchasing teams in product cost matters
You will create cost visibility and accuracy throughout the entire PLM through Cost Modelling and Should Cost Analysis. You can secure open quotation sheets from suppliers and apply quantitative analysis of should cost/price relationship on new and variant product projects and reports
• Expert. Act as the subject matter expert when driving for aligned solutions with various stakeholders
• Analytical. With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
• Organized. You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
• Collaborative. You have good people skills and enjoying to work in teams needed to lead a cross-functional cost work stream and workshops
• A strategic-thinker. You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Hands-on, minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in product costing in a development related context, including product cost optimization, product design, value engineering, design to manufacturing and assembly (DFMA), target cost ambition setting, etc.
• 3+ years of experience of understanding manufacturing flow and key elements of the manufacturing processes and value chain based on the Appliance industry, Electronics industry or contract manufacturing is a plus
• Master’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing engineering or equivalent
• Experience from utilizing automated cost models and software systems, cost data base
• Experience from other key functional areas in the value chain, such as Purchasing, Advanced Purchasing, Project Management, Financial controlling, Quality management, Supplier management, R&D and related functions will be a merit.
• Willing to travel when needed
• As we are a truly global and diverse company, most of your meetings and communication will be in English, hence the need to be fluent in both speaking and writing in English
Contact person: Chris Murray