Senior Product Engineer
Performs new product development from concept through production based upon Customer/Marketing directives. Responsible for project assignments that could range in complexity from component level application to complete system development. Applies project management principles to effectively accomplish goals and objectives on time and within budgetary constraints. Interfaces with all departments, vendors and customers within the scope of the project. Provides engineering management periodic status updates as required. Supports OEM/ODM Suppliers in Project Development. Guarantees Cost & Quality target adhesions.
KEY OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops cooking product designs from component level integration to complete system development to improve marketability, quality, function, performance, and reliability while maintaining cost objectives.
- Supports OEM/ODM Suppliers in Project development in agreement with Company Process
- Tracks budgets for projects assigned.
- Chairs design and project reviews as required.
- Develops project schedules to PPAP guidelines in support of project goals and objectives.
- Plans and approves work performed by the Model Shop, Agency Labs, Drafting, Reliability, and Home Economics.
- Reviews and approves all agency test results to ensure they meet all technical and agency requirements.
- Develop & Review CAD drawings as required for assigned projects.Develop & Review CAD drawings as required for assigned projects.
- Prepares and directs preparation of engineering documentation (ECN’s, BOM’s, Drawings, and Specifications).
- Oversee disposition of first piece PPAP sample approvals.
- Demonstrate creative ability through invention or other significant contributions to the profession.
- Interface with Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, and Outside Suppliers to provide or obtain necessary information.
- Leads or participates in special function teams and support production as required.
- Assists in the establishment of design objectives and execute these designs to meet these objectives.
- Fully supports company programs, policies and objectives
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Minimum of 3 years product design related experience.
- Sheet Metal design development experience required
- Plastics design development experience preferred
- Demonstrated PC proficiency is required
- Must have general knowledge of manufacturing and assembly methodologies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Good verbal and written communications
- Exceptional Problem Solving Skills
- Strong aptitude for details
- Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
- Mature thinking and professional presentation with common sense and judgment in a broad business perspective;
- Proven presence that commands the respect and trust of customers and employees at all levels with the organization;
- Highly intelligent, perceptive individual who possesses excellent conceptual, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills;
- Possess the flexibility in reacting to new situations and adaptability for working in a new environment;
- Strong results orientation and positive "can do" attitude with a sense of urgency to get things done;
- Self-starter; a "hands-on" individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction
- Collaborative leader and team player
- Ability to listen, capture and translate inputs and new challenges coming from consumers and colleagues interfacing them in the market
- Characterized by integrity and high professional standards
- Ability to influence people who are not direct reports
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills for negotiating, presenting and resolving complex and controversial issues and responding effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently.
- Strong Continuous Improvement mindset