Senior Product Line Manager
The Category Senior Product manager will have the responsibility to drive the turnaround of the profitability and the market share growth of the Food preservation category in APAC via a mix of profitable growth in focused sweetspots, launch of consumer relevant product innovation delivering on remarkable consumer experience, and identification of additional new business opportunities
• As a key member of the Food Preservation Team, the position’s mission is to:
• Ensure the timely creation & delivery of consumer relevant innovation delivering remarkable consumer experience
• Increase speed-to-market and operational effectiveness in close cooperation with Brand Marketing, Design, R&D, GSO
• Support Clusters in achieving their commercial targets and drive profitable growth
Key Operational Responsibilities:
• Plan and deliver the category annual budget, in close collaboration with Clusters
• Commercial strategy defintion with cluster PL managers, Sales and Marketing as a base for BU, EA´s and strat plan
• Define the future growth strategies for the categories & the key enablers
• Define priority focus areas for the APAC Sector Generation Plan, NPDs, Open Innovation, key technologies for TRM within Food Preservation, based on consumer insights and strategy for the category, provide strong recommendations to be shared in GPB
• Timely creation of innovative ranges & outstanding experiences in the Innovation Triangle
• Actively Support the Clusters to drive the Food Preservation business with suitable ranges, features and price offer, to address the relevant sweetspots; seek additional growth opportunities and collaborate with Clusters on their implementation in the Commercial Triangle
• Effectively manage the life cycle for the Category in APAC in order to increase sales, earning and value market share.
• Drive and lead collaboration with brand marketing to ensure messaging and point of purchase material consistency
• Actively Support the achievement of Cost out targets
• Alignment and strong cooperation with Industrial Operations and R&D to ensure proper product industrialization and product care
• Contribute to achieve SCR and distractor targets
• Drive Connectivity activities for Food Preservation
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES:
Required Profile (Experience on the job, Career experiences, Overall experiences):
• Min 7 years of strong and solid experience in big and complex companies
• Minimum 7 years of experience in similar roles in Marketing/Commercial Areas/Product Development/Financial Department related to Home Appliance (Ideally more than one functions)
• Experience in solid companies with strong brands ownership
• Experience in APAC and MEA area would be preferrable
• Experience in the same business / same type of companies is considered a plus
• Delivers results - Shows tenacity and continuously strives to reach goals, delivering good quality in a timely manner despite obstacles. Demonstrates a focus on achieving results and objectives. Consistently strives to meet or exceed expectations.
• Commercial and growth drive - Demonstrates a practical understanding of and focus on both short and long-term commercial and business issues. Makes decisions with scalable solutions for future growth.
• Judgement and decision making - Exercises good judgement in making decisions, considering all the available sources of information and alternatives. Expresses clear and rational reasons for taking a decision.
• Cross-collaboration and networking - Establishes and develops useful networks, both inside and outside the organisation, and uses them to their own and the organisation’s advantage. Encourage and promotes cross-collaboration to create greater business success.
• Influencing others - Makes a positive first impression, displaying immediate presence and credibility. Maintains their credibility with others over time. Acts with inspiration to get the team and others to follow.
• Leading others and self - Sets clear individual objectives and direction for others. Clarifies prioritizations. Adapts their leadership style according to specific individuals or situations.
• Integrity and respect - Maintains high standards of honesty and trustworthiness. Considers ethical implications of issues and decisions while remaining pragmatic. Uses appropriate opportunities to bring difficult or sensitive issues into the open.
• Proven leadership capabilities in delivering superior business results
• Sound balance of strategic / conceptual thinking and operational focus
• True passion for products and consumer driven innovation
• Good brand strategy and brand building understanding
• Strong, trustworthy team leader & team-player – able to manage & influence positively diverse cross-functional teams across Asia Pacific & MEA
• Results driven, hands-on self-starter
• Commercially savvy & financially knowledgeable manager, with a keen business interest to drive profitable sales growth.
• Capable to embrace and drive change (proven change management skills).
• Comfortable in a matrix organization, able to influence across different functions and across different levels within the organization
• Strong cooperation and team playing approach across all parts of our business