Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager has responsibility for leading and/or assisting with cross-functional projects, effectively managing a full range of stakeholders, driving projects successfully towards defined and agreed results, and promoting project success. This position is also responsible for meeting project specifications to include project timing, product cost, project cost, and project scope, but excluding content (e.g. technical solution, vender selection, etc.).
Additionally, the Senior Project Manager is expected to:
- Use previous project manager skills when leading projects and new project launches.
- Act as a mentor to project managers
- Analyzing business activities, expenses, profits, establishing goals and communicating strategy throughout the organization.
- The senior project manager will lead project teams through the project life cycle in order to achieve internal & external customer expectations and company mandated targets.
- Comply with Electrolux processes, ownership solutions and S&OP processes.
- The senior project manager will bring products and/or systems from strategic identification to running production.
- Act and function as the primary interface for all aspects of projects in their entirety
- Manage the overall planning, control, status reporting, stability and delivery of complex projects across several functions to ensure delivery on plan to time, cost and quality.
- Organize CAPEX, capitalization, non-capitalization associated to the ownership solutions portfolio
- Follow up budget and update project on a weekly basis
- To manage cross functional project teams to ensure passage of planned gates.
- Actively hold each member of the project team’s accountable for project deliverables
- Apply project management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to a broad range of tasks in order to meet requirements and to deliver the end result for a particular project.
- Lead, build and develop the project team(s). Ensure personal leadership from each team member.
- Assist project management director and project managers with facilitating steering team meetings on a regular basis, to include administering and leading meeting discussions.
- Communicate with all relevant stakeholders within and outside the project, ownership solutions and other business units.
- Proactively engage in resource planning, upfront commitment from the organization, and reporting to manage deviations.
- Proactively identify project risks and define mitigation plans.
- Report project progress/ risks and issues to relevant decision bodies at an early stage.
- Ensure Electrolux and ownership solutions compliance and ensure all requirements are fulfilled for gate passages.
- Report to project management director on performance of project team members and his/her contribution to project.
- Manage lessons learned post projects.
- Participate actively in creating standard approach, in developing and improving project management tools and methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a previous professional experience in project management as well as digital marketing and IT solutions.
- Experience and track record in project planning to include: planning project budgets and all projects financials as well as the permanent monitoring of project costs and product costs; establishing realistic project timelines; creating Work Breakdown
- Structures; stakeholder management; and risk management and mitigation
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Professional certification (e.g. PMP)
- Experience in leading multi-cultural teams
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence without direct authority.
- Solid level knowledge of project management process and techniques, along with a demonstrated ability to identify process gaps, understand project priorities, set clear goals and targets, and lead projects with minimal direction and positive results.
- Ability to effectively manage issues at the project level and proactively identify when issues may turn into a risk and need to be escalated to the Steering Team
- Knowledge of phase gate development process, and basic understanding of Work Breakdown Structures and developing project critical path.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency level with MS Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project). Familiarity with MRP/PLM systems.
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills.
- Detail-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to professionally represent the project status to Steering Team
- Strong initiative and ability to be self-directed in completing tasks and function with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptive to internal processes and change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability to travel up to 10% to domestic and/or international sites
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours, including overtime & weekends