Senior Project Manager - Supply Chain
The Senior Project Manager Supply Chain has responsibility for leading and/or
assisting with cross-functional projects, effectively managing a full range of
stakeholders, driving projects successfully towards defined and agreed results,
and promoting project success. This includes
responsibility for meeting project specifications to include project timing,
product cost, project cost, and project scope.
The position will also support supply chain in the areas of industrial engineering, Continuous Improvement (CI) & Lean Manufacturing (Electrolux Manufacturing Systems – EMS) and network optimization efforts.
Additionally, the Senior Project Manager Supply Chain is expected to:
- Use project manager skills when leading projects and new project launches.
- The project manager will lead project teams through the project life cycle in order to achieve internal & external customer expectations and company mandated targets.
- Comply with Electrolux and Supply Chain processes.
- Act and function as the primary interface for all aspects of projects in their entirety
- Manage the overall planning, control, status reporting, stability and delivery of complex projects across several functions to ensure delivery on plan to time, cost and quality.
- Organize CAPEX, capitalization and non-capitalization associated with the supply chain portfolio
- Lead network optimization efforts
- Drive CI & EMS initiatives within supply chain to standardize and optimize processes, improve service levels, reduce cost to serve and build a high performance learning culture
- Manage cross functional project teams to ensure milestone achievement
- Actively hold each member of the project team(s) accountable for project deliverables
- Apply project management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to a broad range of tasks in order to meet requirements and to deliver the end result for a particular project.
- Lead, build and develop the project team(s). Ensure personal leadership from each team member.
- Facilitate steering team meetings on a regular basis, to include administering and leading meeting discussions.
- Communicate with all relevant stakeholders within and outside the project, supply chain and other business units.
- Proactively engage in resource planning, upfront commitment from the organization, and reporting to manage deviations.
- Proactively identify project risks and define mitigation plans.
- Report project progress/ risks and issues to relevant decision bodies at an early stage.
- Ensure Electrolux and supply chain compliance and ensure all requirements are fulfilled.
- Evaluate performance of project team members and his/her contribution to project. Provide coaching and development to build competence
- Manage After Action Review process post project completion to capture lessons learned and drive continuous improvement.
- Participate actively in developing and improving project management tools and methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5 years professional project management experience in a fast-moving, highly complex environment that produces high volumes of product.
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing teams
- Experience and successful track record in project planning to include: planning project budgets and all project financials as well as the permanent monitoring of project costs and product costs; establishing realistic project timelines; creating Work
- Breakdown Structures; stakeholder management; and risk management and mitigation
- Ability to travel 35%+ to domestic and/or
- Professional certification (e.g. PMP)
- Experience in leading multi-cultural teams
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence without direct authority.
- Solid level knowledge of project management process and techniques, along with a demonstrated ability to identify process gaps, understand project priorities, set clear goals and targets, and lead projects with minimal direction and positive results.
- Ability to effectively manage issues at the project level and proactively identify when issues may turn into a risk and need to be escalated to the Steering Team
- Knowledge of phase gate development process, and basic understanding of Work Breakdown Structures and developing project critical path.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency level with MS Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project).
- Familiarity with MRP/PLM systems.
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills.
- Detail-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to professionally represent the project status to Steering Team
- Strong initiative and ability to be self-directed in completing tasks and function with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptive to internal processes and change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours, including overtime & weekends