Senior Quality Director
The Senior Director Quality North America is a key position for Electrolux Major Appliances and will provide strategic direction for all product quality and product reliability programs in North America. This position is responsible for the implementation of the quality program and achievement of defined product quality and reliability objectives for Major Appliances in North America.
The Senior Director Quality is responsible for engaging senior leadership to actively drive and participate in continuous quality improvement and supports product development as a liaison with Product Line, R&D, Operations, Sales and trade customers. The ambition is to enable all individuals in the company to contribute to improve Quality as experienced by our customers and consumers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with Product Line, R&D, operations, purchasing, and logistics organizations to provide expert quality guidance throughout our supply chain system
- Be a resource to the sales organization, providing support with customer requirements, communications and resolution of issues
- Implement Global and Business Area strategic quality initiatives to ensure company’s product quality and reliability meet or exceed customer expectations
- Establish constructive cross functional partnerships that drive preventive measures to improve product quality and the consumer experience
- Provide leadership across the organization to develop a design for reliability culture and quality assurance strategy for new product development and sustaining business activities
- Effectively create and support process enhancement initiatives to drive an environment of continuous quality improvement throughout the organization
- Set tactical goals and objectives to drive continuous improvement and attain defined product quality objectives (SCRlq, Warranty Costs/ Net Sales, NRFT, etc.)
- Partner with Purchasing to drive supplier quality performance
- Support manufacturing facilities during customer and third party audits and develop corrective actions as necessary; ensure non-compliance elements are addressed in the annual capital plan
- Provide leadership and direction for significant deviation events that may create business risk
- Create a positive working environment that encourages creative thinking and drives engagement
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 15 years of progressive leadership experience in product quality and reliability with at least 5 years of this experience in a senior level role
- Six Sigma experience, BB or MBB certification required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Possess a high sense of urgency with the ability to make and implement tough and timely decisions
- Strong business acumen with understanding of financial principals and cost analysis
- Highly strategic in thought and behavior, while driving daily execution
- Must be able to organize teams and align management to achieve results; should be passionate, competitive, and able to inspire teams to high levels of performance
- Proven ability to gain the required consensus to quickly deliver results
- An analytic, strategic and tactical thinker, who can develop strategies, programs and processes that support the short- and long-term business needs
- Experience in a diverse, matrixed, multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity.
- Visible passion for the business and capability to motivate and have a broad sphere of influence on the overall organization.
- A hardworking, high-energy individual with a significant amount of stamina and drive.
- Highest ethical standards, impeccable character and integrity
- Superior mental agility, dealing comfortably and quickly with complex issues