Senior Quality Engineer
The Senior Quality Engineer is
responsible for all quality functions within the assigned manufacturing
area. This includes representing quality
within all steps of the product realization process. This includes implementing and continually improving
the product and process quality plan to guarantee the product is produced in
accordance with all customer/consumer requirements, leading and participating
on area teams on problem solving and continual improvement activities, and
being the quality representative supporting the introduction of new products
and current product or process changes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement quality management systems and processes in assigned manufacturing areas.
- Analyze product and process information to identify continual improvement opportunities.
- Leading and participating on business unit teams in problem solving and continual improvement activities.
- Develop and implement needed inspection methods.
- Lead the team in application of APQP tools (PFD, FMEA, Control Plan, GRR, MSA, etc.) for process improvement and development of both current product and proposed process and product changes.
- Utilize SPC in the improvement of processes to improve capability of product/process CTQs.
- Ensure product designs are within the enterprise’s process capabilities and initiate action to improve the process or acquire more capable equipment.
- Lead the investigation into internal and external customer quality issues with robust problem solving techniques.
- Work directly with other departments to ensure product performance and quality conformance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 Years’ experience operating in a mature ISO 9001 / QS 9000 / TS-16949 quality system.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience with the APQP / PPAP process, including FMEA, Special Characteristics identification, Control Plans, MSA/GRR, FRACAS, Fishbone and requirements management using QFD.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse team environment across a matrix organization.
- Travel as required.
Six Sigma experience
and/or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer designation preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is required to stand for periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.