Senior Quality Team Leader - 2nd Shift (T)
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Senior Quality Team Leader will coordinate all operations within the Quality department including but not limited to, training employees, safety, meeting quality goals, reducing rejected materials, identifying employee issues, and addressing and resolving them in a timely manner. This role seeks to help reduce employee turnover and assure department preparedness. This person should lead by example and effectively communicate with employees at all levels both within and outside of the department.
- Trains (and maintain) employees to follow standard work and to understand JDS’s.
- Daily proactive engagement with Operation Leadership, utilizing EMS principles of Go See to Reduce Variation.
- Supports Quality Department by Coordinating QCP/Andon, using visual management tools, applying EMS and 5’s skills.
- Encourage open communication and employee engagement to help improve employee morale.
- Utilize fact-based decision making and uses problem solving skills to improve area performance.
- Assures all needed equipment is in the area for the employees and the equipment is ready for the following shift each day.
- Seeks all available resources to support area activities and assists employees in a timely manner.
- Monitors, maintains, and communicates all quality issues and employee related issues and seeks support when needed on all issues that are critical.
- Obtain data to determine internal or supplier quality responsibility and report on all findings.
- Daily Shift Report that include Top 3 NRFT Issues, Activities, Accomplishments and Challenges.
- Coordinate with operations team to complete and release hold orders in a timely manner (within 24 hours if feasible).
WHO YOU ARE:
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You start and you finish, taking leadership of getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
- Your enthusiasm is infectious and inspires and engages your colleagues and collaborators to achieve, deliver, be accountable and own their work. You’ll also have the stamina essential to delivering results in both the short and long term.
- You understand good negotiations begin long before doing a deal, through building good working relationships, understanding your suppliers’ motivations and starting from a confident position.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- High School diploma or GED or 3 to 5 years Electrolux experience with working knowledge of required processes or five years previous outside supervisory experience in a related field.
- Associates Degree or higher preferred.
- Excellent attendance record in previous positions.
- Math Level II.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software program preferred.
- Experience in team building and employee motivation and effective communication.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in English both verbally and in writing.
- Have or able to obtain EMS Team Leader Training, EMS Change Agent, and Green Gear Certification within 6 to 9 months of being in the Supervisor/Unit Leader position.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
- Ability to bend, stoop, grip, reach, and lift up to 40 lbs. on a repetitive basis.
- Able to stand most of the shift to perform duties.