Senior Software / System Architect, Connectivity
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work
SENIOR SOFTWARE/SYSTEM ARCHITECT, CONNECTIVITY – ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA
Electrolux Global Connec
The overall scope of the positon is to support
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
If you are passionate about innovation, possess superb system design, analysis and software development skills and enjoy
Analyze System Requirements:
• The Senior Software/System Architect analyzes existing systems and software to ensure they offer adequate security, robustness and flexibility and are effectively meeting the needs of the organization. He/she coordinates with all areas of the organization to see that the system is working optimally.
• The Senior Software/System Ar
Recommend Alternative Technologies and Improvements:
• Based on his/her knowledge of IT trends, FW/SW development process and System/SW architecture, the Senior Software/System Architect recommends alternative technologies or improvements to enhance Electrolux connectivity systems and processes.
Lead Design and Review of New Systems and System Evolution:
• Leads the design and review processes for new systems, actively engages in
Plan for component implementation and integration:
• Ensures compatibility of new systems or of system evolution with existing infrastructure.
Tools, Processes, Standardization:
• Ensures Connectivity component design and architecture information is well documented, up-to-date and communicated to the relevant stakeholders.
• Ensures that proper tools are adopted, that adequate design, development, testing and documentation methodology is used within relevant projects, and that sound processes are followed. Leads proper process and methodology definition and implementation, as appropriate.
• Represents Electrolux in relevant standardization bodies (such as Open Connectivity Foundation) where appropriate, executes Electrolux strategy in the definition of these upcoming IoT standards and ensures interoperability and compliance of Electrolux connectivity solutions.
• Helps build and maintain internal- and external networks (e.g. with sectors, suppliers, partner institutes, universities) and helps drive the relationship with the Bonch-Bruevich Saint Petersburg State University of Telecommunications in the area of Connectivity Architecture.
• Soft skills/personality traits
• Team oriented, good cultural awareness
• Proactive, takes initiative; influencing and presentation skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to lead by example and coach others, ability to reason and reach solutions jointly with multiple teams of diverse opinions
• Good interpersonal skills - builds relationships with internal stakeholders and third parties
• Creative thinker, problem solver
• Ability to drive and manage change; integrity, drive and independence
• Decision making with incomplete information
• Project management experience and knowledge of project management methodologies is a plus
• Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and challenges
• Ability to propose, think-through and evaluate long-term consequences in complex system design
• Ability to select, validate and argument around diverse solutions to complex problems
• Ability to quickly comprehend
• Willing to travel and to stay at different Electrolux sites when required
• Willing to keep technical background always up-to-date, commitment to technical excellence
• Solid English and Russian, spoken and written, is mandatory for this role.
• Knowledge of Italian, Swedish or Czech is a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• PhD (preferred) or Master's Degree in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering, or related.
• Experience in
• 7+ years of experience in Systems/SW development desirable.
• Experience from a complex international organization is highly desirable.
Desired areas of technical skills:
• Deep, detailed experience in architecting and implementing multi-component networked systems, and their interaction
• Expert understanding of key architecture concepts such as modularity, scalability, robustness, is mandatory
• Expert knowledge in
• Comprehensive understanding and/or knowledge of
• Detailed knowledge of concepts of several operating systems (at least three out of Linux, Windows, Android, iOS, RTOS)
• Expert knowledge of C/C++ and/or Java language programming; Swift, NodeJS, Shell, Python highly beneficial
• Experience with connectivity technologies and with building architecture roadmaps
• Experience with long-living / long-term supported systems
• Expertise in cloud computing platforms, cloud API design and big data analytics
• Expertise in mobile platforms software architecture design and development
• Expertise in IoT concepts, technologies and protocols
• Knowledge of Appliance FW architecture and related impacted areas (complexity management, safety, factory testing, OTA update, remote maintenance, service operations, relevant standards and norms in this area)
• Knowledge and experience in computer networks, TCP/IP protocols and wireless/mobile networking
• Knowledge in software and networking security
• Knowledge of testing and monitoring methodologies
• Knowledge of software development process and version management systems
• Experience in standardization or IP-protection processes is a plus