Senior Sourcing Director Air & Water Care
Purchasing & Sourcing
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances and appliances for professional use, selling more than 60 million products to customers in more than 150 countries every year. The company focuses on innovations that are thoughtfully designed, based on extensive consumer insight, to meet the real needs of consumers and professionals. Electrolux products include refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, vacuum cleaners and cookers sold under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine. In 2016, Electrolux had sales of SEK 121 billion and 55,000 employees. For more information, visit http://www.electrolux.com/press.
Business Sector description:
Sitting within the Global Operations function, Product Sourcing Operation (PSO) is an organization managing the Sourcing, Project Leadership, Quality and Supply Chain for a broad scope of Sourced OEM Products including Air & Water Care, Cooking, Refrigeration, Dishwashers, Washers and Dryers, Water Care, Floor Care and Small Domestics Appliances from the Asia Pac and European regions. With an expected annual volume in excess of 23M units sourced, PSO has supported the delivery of continued business growth and expansion, with future plans in place to maintain the growth trend.
Within the PSO structure, there is an opportunity for the position of Director for Air & Water Care Sourcing to initiate and drive changes needed to ensure long and short term business objectives are achieved for the Air Care and Water Care sourcing team.
A senior member of the Product Sourcing Operations (PSO) leadership team, responsible for the sourcing of OEM & ODM Air Care (incl. Split, Window Wall, Dehumidifier, Portable, Light Commercial) and Water Care (All types Water Heaters and Accessories) products across the region for all Electrolux Major Appliance business entities in the Electrolux Group. Managing a widespread supply base across China, South East and North East Asia, with a team comprising of 4 Sourcing Managers.
· Key role in the PSO management team, responsible for developing and implementing sourcing strategies, processes for Asian based supply and actively supporting the operational and organizational development of PSO.
· Responsible for the development of the strategic sourcing vision for Finished Products within scope in conjunction with Global Product Line Air & Water Care (GPL) and Stakeholders from Business Sectors.
· Ensure delivery of sourcing plans against GPL plans, regular supply market reviews and sourcing strategy reviews, including providing support and direction to Sector Sourcing projects.
· Member of the Air & Water Care GPL leadership team, responsible for annual target setting and follow up.
· Development & Maintenance of strategic relationships with key suppliers, and internal business and functional stakeholders.
· Securing and maintenance of Contracts with Asia Pacific based Finished Product suppliers within scope.
· Establish current and long-term objectives and set adequate plans for the future, including the development of Suppliers to meet Group requirements for Cost, Quality, Delivery Reliability, Product Development and improvement, Code of Conduct and Environmental Compliance.
· Ensure a high level of ongoing supplier performance relative to Project Implementation, Quality and Demand Flow supporting the functional teams as required.
· Ensure delivery of sourcing plans against Sector and GPB plans, regular supply market reviews and sourcing strategy reviews, including providing support and direction to Sector Sourcing projects.
· Ensure the professional development of staff encompassing the technical, managerial, and interpersonal skills necessary for each individual to perform their job and to potentially assume greater responsibility.
· Leading member of the Air & Water Care GPB, responsible for annual target setting and follow up.
· Degree in Engineering or Business with a relevant technical equivalent, with at least 10 years working experience in Purchasing or Operational Supplier management or equivalent. Firsthand experience in strategic supplier relationship management an advantage.
· Strong working knowledge and experience within the areas of Quality systems, Demand Flow and Change Management. Working knowledge of placing and working with Sourcing contracts.
· Preferable knowledge of working within the white goods or consumer appliance industry. Experience of working within businesses such as Air-conditioning and/or Refrigeration would be a benefit.
· Must have a proven track record in driving change, with a can do attitude and ability to visualize and drive completion of development projects to support the continued development of the Organization.
· Strong character with outstanding interpersonal skills, able to collaborate seamlessly within a multi-national and cross-functional team.
· Prepared and able to work within a high paced and diverse, Global business environment.
· Exceptional commitment to the organization and results oriented.
· A highly capable leader, influencer and communicator. Skilled at interacting and aligning with people at all levels across the company as well as external suppliers, and dealing with cultural differences.
· Passionate about growth of business as well development of talents, continuously improves to build core capabilities, managing and motivating a team, including direct reports, peers and external counterparts.
· Excellent leadership skills with high level of agility, able to work with ambiguity and make sound decisions.
· Keeps the end consumers and customers in mind through an outside-in-perspective to deliver best-in-class experiences.
· Ability to successfully manage conflicts.
· Excellent communicator in English is critical, ability to communicate in Chinese an advantage.
· Willing to travel extensively within China and Asia, with frequent international long haul travel.