Senior Supplier Development Engineer
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.comto learn more.
The objective of the position is to drive and assist “strategic” suppliers in making long-lasting improvements in their performance in terms of quality, process efficiency (incl. Automation) and flexibility, organizational set-up.
EMEA Senior Supplier Development Engineer is expected to have had its first operational experience in a manufacturing environment and has acquited a good knowledge of manufacturing excellence tools and techniques, with sufficient knowledge in Quality and material flow .
She/He reports to Director Supplier Development EMEA
The EMEA Senior Supplier Development Engineer will be responsible to:
• Evaluate together with the team during Pre-diagnostic meeting opportunities for improvement
• Define together with Electrolux team and Supplier during diagnostic meeting, areas for improvement.
• Use supplier development tools like, Process mapping, Value Stream mapping, etc. to identify improvement areas.
• Check data availability and consistency
• Define priorities for the different improvement areas
• Define with Electrolux Purchasing management and suppliers KPI and targets to achieve
• Force and support the customized Supplier lean program and team implementation.
• Support and force cultural change at supplier.
• Screening of the different supplier processes / areas
• Define Action plan with the supplier including targets, Timing, and responsibilities for each action
• Establish regular workshops with suppliers.
• Define with the team the workshop AGENDA and Timing.
• Evaluate if support functions needed for special topics and ensure their participation.
• Lead supplier development Workshops and Team.
• Collaborate closely with the commodity manager during the project.
• Follow up Action Plan established between Electrolux and Supplier regularly.
• Verify regularly data consistency.
• Ensure timing agreed in the action plan
• Escalate blockings in case needed.
• Monthly reporting about actions, progress and KPI status
• Establish professional work situation with suppliers and relevant stakeholders
• Aim for automatization of processes where it brings a benefit, in terms of efficiency, cost and quality.
• Able to drive and support Value Based Sourcing projects thru SD 2.0 and early supplier involvement
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Knowledge in Project Management/Lean
• Analytical skills
• Excellent communication
• Create good relationship with Quality, Manufacturing, Logistics, R&D and Purchasing
• Stress resilient
• Communicative English
• Openness to business trips
• Interesting job in an international environment
• Opportunities to raise professional qualifications and develop your career on local and global level
• Work in a friendly environment in a Swedish organizational culture
• Attractive social benefits packet – private medical care, Multisport card, life insurance, discount for Electrolux products, discount for lunches in local canteen, home office possibilities and more.
Let us recognize you and apply for this job with a CV in English.
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care, and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG, and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2019 Electrolux had sales of SEK 119 billion and employed 49,000 people around the world.