Senior Sustainability Engineer
Drive the kind of innovation that makes the difference, for our consumers and for the planet
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in Porcia, Italy, only 1 hour distance from Venice.
What’s your role
As Senior Sustainability Engineer you will be part of the Sustainability Team within Group Technology Organization. On daily basis you will support projects aimed at developing and promoting innovative technologies, products and business models for more sustainable consumer experiences (e.g. sustainable eating). You will be asked to assess the environmental implications of the new solutions, always considering the consumer perspective and the contribution to Company sustainability targets, with studies performed on the basis of internationally recognized life cycle analysis (LCA) tools and life cycle inventories databases. You will cooperate with global teams across the whole organization e.g. R&D, Group Sustainability Affairs, Consumer Insights, Brand & Marketing, Purchasing, as well as with external institutes and suppliers. Developing, elaborating and communicating LCA results you will ensure sustainability becomes reality for our Consumers.
Your main tasks:
• Assess the environmental impacts of technologies, products, consumer-relevant appliance use patterns and business models based on life-cycle approach by means of recognized LCA tools (SimaPro) and international databases
• Collect and analyze life cycle inventory data from both literature and Company information (e.g. databases, primary and secondary data, surveys)
• Manage projects, engage stakeholders, regularly communicate progress and results
• Monitor and periodically report the evolution of global standards, methodologies & regulatory trends in particular in the area of sustainable food, including both nutritional and environmental dimensions
• Support the development of the Technology Roadmap and perform environmental risk assessment, prepare and deliver presentations and technical reports
• Master’s degree (M.Sc.) in Environmental, Chemical, Materials or Bio-Tech Engineering, Environmental Science, Industrial Ecology, Agri-Food Technologies, or similar field of study, PhD would be a plus
• Proficiency with SimaPro and life cycle inventory databases (e.g. Ecoinvent, Agri-footprint)
• 3-5 years track record/hands-on experience in at least one of the following fields: LCA application (preferably applied to the consumer goods sector); inclusion of nutrition in LCA of food and agri-food system (nutritional and environmental characteristics), dietary patterns and food-supply chain analysis; environmental risk assessment - a good network of contacts in these areas is valuable
• Solid knowledge of data analysis and statistics; hands-on experience with databases management systems, PLM tools, data analytics and visualization tools (e.g. QlikSense, Power BI)
• Good project management skills and fantastic communication skills, with fluency in English
• Excellent analytical and logical skills paired with proactivity and teamwork orientation that will be applied in a diverse and heavily matrix environment
• Availability for some international travel
« Bring into action your sustainability passion and competence and contribute to the development of more sustainable experiences for our Consumers. Be part of a dynamic, international, committed team who waits for you! »
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.