Senior System Engineer
Coordinate design and development of sealed
refrigeration systems. Electrolux-NA is a high volume manufacture of domestic
and international refrigerators, consisting of Top mount, Side by Side, Bottom
Mount, Freezers and some commercial applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technical leadership and support for the design, development and qualification of cooling system components and/or sub-assemblies relating to the sealed systems group. Some component parts include compressors, condensers, evaporators, fans, and others.
- Performance benchmarking of refrigerators in the beginning of new product development and during product life cycle.
- Create a knowhow on all products categories and system performance, understanding to apply in new product development.
- Create a database of competitors focusing on system performance but also considering overall ratings.
- Coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems. Interface with vendors and other departments on product compliance.
- Contribute to a cross-functional team as required to support the development of feature projects.
- Develop and initiate new product features and system performance.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to existing components.
- Initiate and develop ideas that result in system performance improvements.
- Support the transfer of knowledge to product care and manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering or related technical BS degree with a minimum of 3-5 years related engineering and/or project management experience.
- Knowledge of Thermal dynamic and heat transfer, Mechanical Refrigeration Sealed Systems, Airflow mechanics.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Project Management software and Energy Simulation tools.
- Proficient with tools associated with new project development activities; Stage gate development processes, DFMEA, Design reviews, project planning, part tracking and milestone schedule management.
- Strong understanding of engineering principles, project management and new product development activities to create, design, develop and implement new features for refrigeration group.
- Knowledge in data managing and evaluation, statistical analysis and interpretations.
- Highly motivated individual that has a strong drive for results; communicates effectively both in written and verbal communication formats, holds people accountable for goal attainment and coordinates all project actions and design details to deliver on team and project commitments.
- Design of Experiments knowledge.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing and quality processes related to refrigeration systems.
- Ready to work both with desk research as well as lab testing.
- Experience with refrigeration systems, consumer goods, and/or appliance industry.
- Related international experience is a plus (Latin America, Europe, Asia and Australia).
- Ability to understand the refrigeration business objectives and when they apply, ensure those objectives are delivered at the project level.
- Creative, personally committed, resourceful problem solver capable of leading a project from inception through project implementation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to drive, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.