Senior System Engineer - Consumer Experience
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will coordinate design and development of sealed refrigeration systems. Electrolux-North America is a high-volume manufacturer of domestic and international refrigerators, consisting of Top mount, Side by Side, Bottom Mount, Freezers, and some commercial applications. You will be responsible on improving consumer ratings and consumer magazines reviews through cooling system simulations, product development and performance tests. You will work to create a knowhow on all products categories and system performance, understanding to apply in new product development as well as helping to create a database of competitors focusing on system performance but also considering overall ratings.
- Performance benchmarking of refrigerators in the beginning of new product development and during product life cycle.
- Coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems. Interface with vendors and other departments on product compliance.
- Contribute to a cross-functional team as required to support the development of feature projects.
- Develop and initiate new product features and system performance.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to existing components.
- Initiate and develop ideas that result in system performance improvements.
- Support the transfer of knowledge to product care and manufacturing.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering or related technical BS degree
- Minimum of 3+ years related engineering and/or project management experience.
- Knowledge of Thermal dynamic and heat transfer, Mechanical Refrigeration Sealed Systems, Airflow mechanics and various manufacturing and quality processes related to refrigeration systems (Design of Experiments knowledge preferred)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Project Management software and Energy Simulation tools with knowledge in data managing and evaluation, statistical analysis and interpretations.
- Proficient with tools associated with new project development activities; Stage gate development processes, DFMEA, Design reviews, project planning, part tracking and milestone schedule management.
- Strong understanding of engineering principles, project management and new product development activities to create, design, develop and implement new features for refrigeration group.
- Experience with refrigeration systems, consumer goods, and/or appliance industry and working both with desk research as well as lab testing.
- Related international experience is a plus (Latin America, Europe, Asia, and Australia).
- Ability to understand the refrigeration business objectives and when they apply, ensure those objectives are delivered at the project level.