Senior Systems Engineer, Refrigeration
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for leading the design and development of sealed refrigeration systems across all cold technology centers (domestic and international), consisting of Top mount, Side by Side, Bottom Mount and Freezers.
- Provide technical leadership and support for the design, development, and qualification of cooling systems components and/or sub-assemblies relating to sealed systems group, including compressors, condensers, evaporators, fans, and others.
- Utilize Electrolux cooling system energy tool simulation to determine results and best path forward.
- Assist with DoE regulation changes, by supporting the mechanical cooling systems for all domestic products.
- Product certification for international markets.
- Develop and initiate new product features, system performance and airflow mechanics.
- Integrate refrigeration system components directed by technology domain and compressors teams with global technology.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to existing products. Initiate and develop ideas that result in system performance improvements.
- Develop acoustic and vibration solution integrating the experimental test (noise chamber, nozzle chamber, thermal dynamic, heat transfer) and simulation (CFD, Noise & Vibration, Structural and Modal). Integrate the thermal dynamic projects with acoustic and vibration considering standards and procedures.
- Integrate CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamic) analysis with testing results to reach best in class solutions.
- Coordinate activities, with Project management software (MS Project), concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems. Interface with other departments on product compliance.
- Use Microsoft Office to analyze results, carry out technical research, write-up analysis, and present results Coordinate engineering activities with other departments including change plans, project planning, part tracking, milestone schedule management, engineering changes, performance/agency testing and trial runs.
- Support knowledge transfer to product care and manufacturing, including applying, developing and validating design for manufacturing assembly principals (DFMA/Six Sigma) to facilitate design integration into the manufacturing process. Benchmark of competitor's appliances.
- Play a key role in new product development working according to the stage gate process, performing DFMEA and design reviews and interacting closely with the physics and software development teams to transition product prototypes through all of the development stages into product release.
- Mentor other engineers on the refrigeration systems team.
- Run simulation cases (CFD), collect and analyze results, carry out technical research, write-up analysis, and present results.
- Responsible for validation studies that compare simulation product results to experimental tests and other numerical results with a particular focus on cooling system and product performance.
- Integrate customer needs in best in class products to improve customer experience.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s or foreign equivalent degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field and 3 years’ related engineering experience in home appliance industry. Must have: experience in Thermal dynamic and heat transfer, Mechanical Refrigeration, Sealed systems, Airflow mechanics; experience with of Microsoft Office, Project Management software, Computational fluid dynamic (CFD); experience with tools associated with project management for new project development activities; Stage gate development processes, DFMEA, Design reviews, project planning, part tracking and milestone schedule management; experience applying new product development activities to create, design, develop and implement new features for refrigeration; experience applying design for manufacturing assembly (DFMA/Six Sigma) principals to facilitate design integration into the manufacturing process.