Senior Tax Analyst
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Senior Tax Analyst position will be a part of the Electrolux North America Federal Income Tax Team and will be responsible for supporting various income tax processes with a primary focus on accounting for income taxes. The position will include secondary focuses relating to the overall support of the Tax Department unrelated to the accounting for income taxes function including federal/state compliance, research, and analysis. The position is located at the Electrolux North America headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina USA.
- Assist with quarterly and annual accounting for income tax calculations, tax account reconciliations, and footnotes required for the financial statements.
- Prepare supporting data, work papers, journal entries, and documentation to support tax accounting for income taxes processes.
- Support with the appropriate recording of income taxes in the general ledger and prepare corporate tax packages that are submitted on a quarterly basis.
- Perform analysis and computations related to tax accounting methods and related planning including monitoring of any changes to financial statement accounting methods and related tax implications.
- Perform tax law and case-history research to identify law changes, support technical positions, and minimize Electrolux tax risks and document accordingly.
- Provide support for the planned implementation of a technology-based process improvement to the overall accounting for income tax process including documentation and mapping of processes.
- Continuously identify and define process improvement opportunities to facilitate streamlining and automation of data for efficiency in Federal tax compliance and accounting for income tax processes.
- Collaborate with various internal functional areas and countries to obtain and analyze financial and business information necessary for income tax processes, including within the Tax Department itself, coordinate with external service providers, and work in a process oriented and team environment.
- Proficiently convey data and analysis to management teams so they can provide advice to business and services units.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Federal income tax.
- ASC 740 experience preferred.
- Strong Excel experience.
- Strong data management and analytics experience.
- Certified Public Accountant or plan to accomplish a plus.
- Corptax and SAP experience a plus.